Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair Class Up --> refund for extra legroom seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Flying Icelandair (IAD-KEF) and will bid on Class Up upgrades for 2x pax. There are also extra legroom seats open right now.

If I pay for extra legroom now ($80 USD ea) and the Class Up upgrades to Saga Premium is approved, will I be able to request a refund for the unused $80 USD for extra legroom seats? Can't find the answer on their website.

Also, any recent DP's on Class Up bids?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:33 pm

We just flew Iceland Air (KEF to BWI) and bid on a Class Up upgrade for 2 pax. We had already paid for the extra legroom upgrade to exit row for our Economy class plus two sandwiches for dinner in Economy.
We won the Class Up upgrade to Saga Premium and were not sure if we could get a refund on the Exit row extra legroom upgrade we already paid for. I submitted a request for my husband and I through Iceland Air Request a Refund.

Here are the questions and what I answered:
Question: Where did you purchase your tickets and/or extra services? Answer for us: On Icelandair's website
Question:
*Which of the following are you requesting a refund for? Answer: Extra Service
Question:
*Which of the following best describes why you are requesting a refund of your extra service(s)? Answer: I have upgraded my flight to another fare.
It asks for reservation number and other details
Question: Please tell us which services you are requesting a refund for: Answer: "Refund for exit row upgrade since we flew Saga Premium"

I got an e-mail from them saying they referred my claim to the Refund department then a few days later:
"We have refunded: USD 150,00 & USD 16,00 to the form of payment used in the purchase.
Please note that refund transactions may take approximately 2-7 business days to appear on the account?

On the Economy sandwiches I already paid for, we asked the Saga Premium flight attendant who said she could not see any record of our purchase on her tablet. My husband was able to show the confirmation e-mail with the sandwiches (we had done a screen print when we were waiting in the Keflavik Saga Premium lounge when we had Wi-Fi), and the flight attendant went to Economy to get us the sandwiches. So, we got our paid for Economy sandwiches which we kept for later and our Saga Premium dinner.

When we flew Economy over to Keflavik airport, the Economy flight attendant just came around about an hour after take off and handed us our hot lasagna meals without verifying what we ordered or asking. So I figured that might happen when we were in Saga Premium, the Economy flight attendant would pass out the food and whoever was sitting in our Exit row seats would get our sandwiches. I had my husband ask the Saga Premium flight attendant about our Economy sandwiches as soon as he could when we were in the air.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.