Search

Icelandair gluten free meal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Icelandair gluten free meal

We flew Saga class Premium from PDX to KEF to LHR and return. I was unable to get through by phone to FI to request a special meal from home. There were very long hold times. However, on my first leg of 4 segments on FI the FA was able to book onward journey GF meals for my celiac. It isn't fabulous but it was safe and quite edible. My husbands "normal" lamb meal was reportedly very good. We love Icelandair mostly because they serve our home airport PDX. I hate celiac disease but there are far more of us than have been diagnosed.

Public service announcement:
If you are having chronic GI problems ask your doctor for a simple blood test for TTG.

Gluten free chicken meal on Icelandair Saga Plus

Last edited by ijkh; Aug 2, 2022 at 9:42 am Reason: clarification
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Thanks for posting about your GF meal, ijkh . I'm requesting Icelandair GF meals for my teen and was curious how the quality might be. That looks like food we would like to eat. Phew!

We have a family history of celiac but the child has been diagnosed with two other autoimmune diseases, so reducing gluten (since we were already aware of how to do that in a nutritionally sound way) was recommended due to growing evidence of the connection between these conditions. Because my kid doesn't suffer (obviously) in an immediate way from eating gluten, though, I sometimes choose a different option, like my own Kosher meal (because we also don't eat any pork or shellfish for religious reasons.)

The Icelandair Kosher meal (summer 2023) was pretty good, and I was offered a lot more food than I needed on the relatively short flight BOS-KEF.

Icelandair Kosher dinner

Icelandair Kosher 2nd meal breakfast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.