Wiki Posts
Search

Flybe luggage farce

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Flybe luggage farce

So yesterday I flew Flybe EDI BHD and paid £80 for 2 valet bags in the hope of avoiding luggage hell back in EDI on my return. The Flybe website says what’s supposed to happen on landing is “Once you’ve landed, your Valet bag will be offloaded and ready for you to collect as you disembark the aircraft, avoiding baggage reclaim and speeding up your journey through the airport.” This didn’t happen and a small group of us waited at the aircraft steps like chumps watching our bags getting taken off and driven away to the carrousel.

According to the ground staff at BHD this is because it was a Marathon plane and unless the flight was operated by Flybe valet bags don’t get delivered on the tarmac. This feels like such a scam, as according to flightradar only one out of the last seven days had the route been flown by a Flybe aircraft - and the rest were Marathon. But they’ll still take the money for the service!

So, for my return, what can I do to make sure I get my bag on arrival at Edi? Assume it’s impossible to know which aircraft is booked to fly tomorrow? Or whether the ground staff at EDI might be more accommodating?

Last edited by Ruth4325; Jul 22, 2022 at 11:44 pm
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:45 pm

BE546 on 24/7/22 (today) is shown as being Marathon on flightradar.
Ruth4325 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
BE546 on 24/7/22 (today) is shown as being Marathon on flightradar.
thank you. I can’t get an answer out of Flybe as to the process at Edinburgh for Marathon operated aircraft ( they also ignore their social media unless it’s a happy comment). But selling a service you know you’re unable to deliver is very poor, so I’ll be taking it further.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Be super careful about any luggage going into EDI. I got my bag that arrived June 30 deliver today, 26 days later. Its been ransacked and and torn to shreds. There are so many bags just stacjked up in EDI you could help yourself to any amount of suitcases and walk straight out with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.