Search

V7 Mykonos-Athens reliability?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
V7 Mykonos-Athens reliability?

hi all,
am planning a trip to greece this summer, and will be ferrying through the islands before flying back to Athens. I'm looking at flights from JMK and have two choices- an aegean flight early in the morning, or a volotea flight mid-morning. The V7 flight is quite a bit cheaper (even factoring in the extras I'd want like seat assignments and baggage) and would let me sleep in a bit more, but I've never taken V7 and am wondering how likely they are to be on-time or even run, since a cancellation or significant delay would cause me problems later in the trip. Any experience with V7 on internal Greece flights or flights to/from the islands in general would be helpful as I try to decide which flight to take. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:47 am

Why not refer to them by their name instead of airline code? Not sure many people know Volotea as V7, and I have flown on them before.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by James91
Why not refer to them by their name instead of airline code? Not sure many people know Volotea as V7, and I have flown on them before.
It is a pretty common thing on this board to use airline code.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I tend to use airline codes on boards like this that involve multiple airlines. But you're right that I might have gotten more responses if I spelled it out. I don't see a way to edit the thread title, however.
James91 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No experience, but if Volotea cancels you buy a new ticket with Aegean or - for the cheaper solution - take the ferry to Athens. No reason for major concerns here.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
No experience, but if Volotea cancels you buy a new ticket with Aegean or - for the cheaper solution - take the ferry to Athens. No reason for major concerns here.
Correct, only if OP wouldn't mind a cancellation or a delay of his flight. But based on what (s)he writes, this is no solution: it's sometimes very difficult to find a last-minute ticket on a flight from/to an island like Mykonos, and the ferry would not bring him to Athens earlier but, rather, much later. Having no experience neither with Volotea nor travel during the pandemic, I'd say the safest solution is to either book Aegean or to fly to Athens the previous day/evening.
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.