Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Volotea reliable to book now?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Is Volotea reliable to book now?

My husband and I will be traveling to Croatia in the fall and I’d love to add southern Italy at the end. I am looking to fly Dubrovnik to Bari. There is just one flight a week and the last one I see scheduled is October 6, which is the one I would like to book. Is this flight at risk for being cancelled? I read on TA numerous complaints about last minute cancellations. I’m less worried about the money than the possibility that the flight won’t go.

I’d appreciate any feedback you might have!
Old May 26, 2021, 8:44 pm

We are in a pandemic, assume nothing is flying until T-7 days. I flew on them last summer and there were 14 people on my flight. I understand why they cancel them last minute at times, TBH. They don't have the funds of the rich EU / NA carriers to run planes empty.
hugolover and progol like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is a ferry also between those 2 cities, if I am not mistaken. This is an option you may consider.
progol likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both. James, that is the kind of situation I could very well imagine happening, especially since we’d be flying in October, when I would get the tourist population is way down.

goldorok, thanks - I’m aware of the ferries - the Dubrovnik to Bari ferry is an overnight one, so while it is doable, it’s not ideal. I was trying to find a quick flight.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
Just a word of advisory based on my experience : Don't book Volotea right now given the sanitary situation in France. They are pulling their September schedules; they cancelled my Perpignan - Strasbourg flight last week. I rebooked from Montpellier; but now that's been cancelled too. Flights were planned first week of September.

So now I'm scrambling to rebook on AF to Paris then taking the TGV to get back to Strasbourg . Fun way to handle a summer vacation.....
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mlin32
Just a word of advisory based on my experience : Don't book Volotea right now given the sanitary situation in France. They are pulling their September schedules; they cancelled my Perpignan - Strasbourg flight last week. I rebooked from Montpellier; but now that's been cancelled too. Flights were planned first week of September.

So now I'm scrambling to rebook on AF to Paris then taking the TGV to get back to Strasbourg . Fun way to handle a summer vacation.....
Sorry for you, but I don’t think there is any relationship between the current sanitary situation and your flight cancellations.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I figured that after the summer vacations, Volotea wouldn't want to serve the coast given that fewer passengers want to go there now given the alarming figures there.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Just to update this…I did book the Volotea flight between Dubrovnik and Bari in the spring and they canceled it about a month later. They refunded it very quickly, so no complaints, though disappointed since it was such a perfect route. I’ve since booked the ferry between the 2 cities and keeping my fingers crossed that we are still traveling in the fall!
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Volotea has been doing a lot of changes to my flights in Greece for September. Heraklion to Athens first had a time change, then cancelled, and my Athens to Mykonos was first cancelled so rebooked on a midday flight, and now the times have changed twice.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AHC96
Volotea has been doing a lot of changes to my flights in Greece for September. Heraklion to Athens first had a time change, then cancelled, and my Athens to Mykonos was first cancelled so rebooked on a midday flight, and now the times have changed twice.
simple answer : do not book with those airlines.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 12:50 pm

I'm flying with them in September in Greece also...my flight remains intact for now. Fingers crossed because no-one else flies the route I'm taking.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:39 am

I had a flight from Athens to Venice for October 12th. Looks like they cancelled that route completely after the first week of Oct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.