Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vueling schedule

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Vueling schedule

There's a lot to think about before booking a trip from the U.S. to Italy for September but, in looking at an IB Avios award booking, I see Vueling having BCN-FCO flights at 15.05 and 15.20. I would expect that the posted schedule is beyond aspirational, and could we expect that if things go reasonably well, they'll plan to operate one of these flights, and if we book the one that doesn't operate we'll be put on the other one? Does it make a difference which one we book, connecting from a Level arrival at 12.15?
Old May 10, 2021, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you intend to book everything in a single redemption, you are way overthinking things; just book and let them worry about "fixing" the ticket when it goes wrong.

if you intend to book these tickets/flights separately, then please reconsider and book all travel on a single ticket.
Old May 10, 2021, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
IB+ redemptions on Vueling are completely non-refundable. (as I believe is LEVEL on a stand-alone basis, but definitely so if you do a LEVEL + VY redemption)

Just be aware that Vueling and/or Level may still operate their flights, but if you as an American aren't allowed into the EU in September, you would be compeltely out of luck for getting a refund.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I started on a narrow topic knowing there's lots to think about in booking this trip; it would certainly be booked as a single ticket.

It's good to know about the non-refundability. My wife is pushing me to book the trip now; I've been wanting to wait until we see Americans actually being admitted to Italy and clearing Schengen in Spain. I've been seeing people say "Book on an award; no problem if you need to cancel," so it's useful to see that warning. One reason for my focus on the schedule is that we could go mainline IB and the currently posted schedule requires 6 hours at MAD; I'd think that if things get to normal there will be flights added for a better connection.

Anyway, we've been looking to use IB Avios in one direction, AA miles in the other. There are options for going Premium Economy on both TATL flights. Maybe we could book the outbound on AA without risk, and wait to book the return with IB when we're reasonably satisfied that we can go, but those are topics for other parts of these boards.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You are going to be far more comfortable onboard with an IB to IB connection in MAD than a Level to Vueling connection in BCN. (both low cost carriers)

I wouldn't even consider Level and Vueling if there are alternative options to get there using miles.

Avios awards on IB metal ARE refundable for a small fee.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks, and as I'm looking at it now, FCO-MAD-BOS on IB has a sensible schedule, so I'll look at that for the return, AA for the outbound.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Just got notice of a schedule change that means that a non-stop ORY-OPO flight now requires a change in BCN.

Not appealing. The on-line engine is asking whether I "accept" or not, and offering only worse change options. This is the outbound on a RT Optima ticket.

Do I have the right to cancel and get my money back? If so, how?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You must call Vueling. Yes you are entitled to a full cash refund.
Biggie Fries likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:43 am

Can you fly into Porto on TAP? TAP has non stops plenty of them from ORY for around $60 one way. 2 hours 18 minutes.Look at their bag inclusive farres!

Last edited by danielonn; Sep 12, 2022 at 12:53 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by danielonn
Can you fly into Porto on TAP? TAP has non stops plenty of them from ORY for around $60 one way. 2 hours 18 minutes.Look at their bag inclusive farres!
Fewer and fewer, and the ones at the price you quote are 7am and 6am (return), which is also not very appealing. Alas, I am getting within a month of departure, which means fares are on the way up. And I still haven't gotten through to Vueling for a refund!

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. Looks like the latter right now.

(Even further off topic ... don't know why Vueling decided to drop their Paris-Porto non-stops, but in general European airports seem very understaffed [ground crews, passport control, baggage handling] and I am not surprised schedules are being trimmed.)
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Fewer and fewer, and the ones at the price you quote are 7am and 6am (return), which is also not very appealing. Alas, I am getting within a month of departure, which means fares are on the way up. And I still haven't gotten through to Vueling for a refund!

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. Looks like the latter right now.

(Even further off topic ... don't know why Vueling decided to drop their Paris-Porto non-stops, but in general European airports seem very understaffed [ground crews, passport control, baggage handling] and I am not surprised schedules are being trimmed.)
I am one who will fly early to save $$$ and for a nonstop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.