Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Will international flights start from UK in July & TUI stuff

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean

My wife and I are going stir-crazy in the UK like most people around the World. We are however quite fortunate to both be still working full time post COVID and are unaffected currently by the economic crisis wave that is sure to hit as things return to "normal".

We have a holiday booked to Greece mid September20 and will simply move this to next year if not operating. This is already fully paid and is operated by a reputable watersports Company based in the UK. This changed from originally June20 departure but we changed our dates for free to Sep departure earlier due to the Lockdown position. We can change this to free to next year without any cancellation charges by a certain date.

We also have a holiday booked to Jamaica mid November20 and it is this I'm more concerned about. I have to pay TUI for this mid August or if I dont pay them the balance by then I lose my deposit. TUI are supposed to start flying to MBJ mid July so I guess I can see if they are actually operating next month before making my decision. The trouble is they could start flying after August so making my decision then is also shakey. TUI recently have had several complaints about their refunds processing and this has me wondering.

I want to make a better decision in August should TUI not be actually flying then, i.e. forfeit the £ 500 deposit and book elsewhere or pay the balance which is significant as we like our 5 star & beachfront and hope they subsequently fly in November. All my savings are focused on this and we do want to go away this year SOMEWHERE. Naturally they could be flying in August but then might have to shutdown in November for any second wave but thats a risk Im prepared to take.

Finally we are unaffected by the current UK government rules on 14 day Quarantine after returning from Overseas as we both work from Home principally now anyway. Of more concern is the current UK Government ban on non essential travel which means if you do go overseas your travel insurance is effectively Null & Void. However I do not think UK holiday companies can actually operate without this Government advice changing.

At least Football has restarted in the UK this week....... No Pubs though until maybe 4 July. Maybe UK hotels / restaurants open for us to take on a long weekend break also in July.

All hotels we are going to will be made safer with social distancing and I think buffet options will get removed with wait service provided at more specific times. Holidays will clearly be different but still from our viewpoint important for recharge & better Couple time.

Sorry for my ramble but I would value your FLYERTALK Thoughts / Opinions and general input.

Steve
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I don't think this sits in the Trip Reports forum....a kind Mod may move it so that it gets some better exposure.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Thanks. Actually a good article in the uk daily mail newspaper helped today

pay tui and then rebook another holiday somewhere else long haul if tui have to cancel Jamaica. Or we just wait for credit as wife says and go s Africa / Victoria falls on 5 star next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.