Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Astra Airlines (almost) gone!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Astra Airlines (almost) gone!

Another Greek airline bites the dust! Astra, a small airline with a base in Thessaloniki, cancelled all of its flights on November 15. It's amazing that the first piece of news appeared in Greek newspapers today. Astra, that stuck out for its dark blue planes, was mostly flying domestic routes since 2008, among them two government-subsidized ones. Total debts were about 17 M€, while net earnings before taxes were 230 K€. It is amazing that in spite of the tourist boom of the last few years, turnover was steadily going down.

I can't say anything more about the airline as I never flew with them: they used to have an SKG-HER-SKG flight a few days a week until a couple of years ago, competing with two OA daily flights and one Ellinair.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Always loved the looks of their aircraft - the dark blue (always thought it was black) looks great. Too bad for them not making it.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Always loved the looks of their aircraft - the dark blue (always thought it was black) looks great. Too bad for them not making it.
It was "the most beautiful [airline] in Greece", check this song and videoclip, it will attest to it.... (plane featured at 3:27 onwards in the videoclip)

Xandrios likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.