Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to KEF - Using Icelandair?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, HHonors Gold, UA 0.547MM and ex-1K but we gave up on each other
SFO to KEF - Using Icelandair?

We planned a trip to Iceland for September 2020. It's far enough off that I'm willing to buy a refundable Business ticket.

Since Icelandair cancelled their nonstop SFO-KEF, the alternative is via Seattle on an AK codeshare.

Much cheaper would be SFO-DEN on another carrier, and then FI to KEF. But FI has no baggage arrangements, so we would have to get our bags in DEN and check in again.

How much time should we allow for that? Are we asking for trouble?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no set amount of time to allow for a transfer between tickets. You, as the passenger, bear 100% of the risk and if your inbound is delayed, you then face FI for rebooking.

I typically advise flying in the night before as it is the unknowns, not the knowns which cause the problems.

If you must fly on the same day, a strong vote for not checking bags as that allows you to run between gates should the need arise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.