Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

At SEA how much time to connect to Iceland Air flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

At SEA how much time to connect to Iceland Air flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Question At SEA how much time to connect to Iceland Air flight?

I am flying Icelandair fl #680 . Nonstop SEA to KEF. I depart SEA at 14:50. I will be leaving LAX that morning and flying Alaska to SEA. What time do you suggest I arrive in SEA to comfortably be able to check in and be able to board my flight to KEF. Is there a difference if I check luggage? How long a distance from terminals?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Are you looking to book it as one ticket with both flights, or two separate tickets?

Last edited by GFrye; Aug 6, 2019 at 8:21 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Doesn't the arrival time of the LAX-SEA flight dictate the time you arrive at SEA?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
Yes 2 separate tickets. Exactly...I need to know what time to safely land in Seattle to have no problem connecting. I bought the Iceland ticket in a package. Now I need to book my Alaska flight as there is a special fair..so I need to move but am unsure how much time I need as there are options
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Since you’ll use two tickets, you don’t have a “connection” in Seattle. You have two separate trips.

The Icelandair checkin closes one hour before departure, so you should make sure you’re in line no later than 90 minutes before the flight.

It’ll take about 20-30 minutes to get your luggage if you check it in Los Angeles, so you should make sure to land at SEA at least 2:15 before the Icelandair departure to give you time to walk to the Icelandair checkin desk.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:52 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A# the OP has cross-posted this question in the Alaska forum, we’ll close the thread at this stage.

NWIFlyer
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.