Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Help with IAG umbrella airline (Level) cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond

Quite frankly I don’t know where else to turn. Level ORY-EWR cancelled for some reason today (flightradar 24 was on point). Therefore my EWR-ORY was today as well. Received an email from veuling. Ironically, Iberia still shows both flights as on time! While the onboard Level product looks nice, it is impossible to talk to anyone with power regarding my ticket.

We were rebooked by the computer for Friday. This makes the trip in vain. Leaving Friday to come back Monday is silly. The problem is every phone number I’ve tried for “Level” either hangs up after 10 minutes or if someone answers it directs to Iberia. Iberia people will not help and insist we did not call the level number, which is frustrating to say the least.
.(646) 585-9797‬ is the number on Level’s website but it just routes you to Iberia who can’t or won’t help. The nice Iberia agent #1 gave .(438) 448-4400 to try‬. However, it just routes to the same Level prompts but you get an Iberia agent. .

We just had had a lovely BA trip last month and I knew the risks of Transatlantic LCC flights. However, with it being IAG I thought I’d at least be able to speak to somebody. I tweeted @ BA, Iberia and Veuling to see if anyone has information. Not sure I just want to send an email to Veuling to for a $1,000+ refund.

Any thoughts? Thanks, this forum has always been helpful when I hit issues with BA.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
How did you book the ticket originally? Online via the Level site? The USA number for Level is (1) 646 585 9797. Note they only open 09:00 to 22:00 hrs CET. It may be that at peak times calls are falling through to Iberia's system, but I would keep trying.

Vueling do handle Level's webforms but they are actually quite responsive, so while I would not leave it with just a webform, I would do that as well. Their Twitter team often reassures people that this page is up to date:
https://www.flylevel.com/en/contact?sf104795513=1
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
How did you book the ticket originally? Online via the Level site? The USA number for Level is (1) 646 585 9797. Note they only open 09:00 to 22:00 hrs CET. It may be that at peak times calls are falling through to Iberia's system, but I would keep trying.

Vueling do handle Level's webforms but they are actually quite responsive, so while I would not leave it with just a webform, I would do that as well. Their Twitter team often reassures people that this page is up to date:
https://www.flylevel.com/en/contact?sf104795513=1
Thanks CWS. Yep, booked on Level.com. I was really looking forward to the flight too, CS issues aside! Yes that’s the main number I’ve been trying. But it either hangs up on me or routes me to (generally unhelpful) Iberia CS. I’ll try the Veuling web form today and keep trying the phone number off and on. Worst case let’s hope the CSR and Chase can save the day. I’m guessing 261 could also come into play? I’ve actually never had an issue with BA paying it but may lean towards a third-party for this case.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by airb330

Thanks CWS. Yep, booked on Level.com. I was really looking forward to the flight too, CS issues aside! Yes that’s the main number I’ve been trying. But it either hangs up on me or routes me to (generally unhelpful) Iberia CS. I’ll try the Veuling web form today and keep trying the phone number off and on. Worst case let’s hope the CSR and Chase can save the day. I’m guessing 261 could also come into play? I’ve actually never had an issue with BA paying it but may lean towards a third-party for this case.
Maybe try the Spanish number using Skype? It could be just a router issue on the telephony.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Maybe try the Spanish number using Skype? It could be just a router issue on the telephony.
That was a good thought, but the Vueling UK and Spanish #s were of no assistance either. It could have just been the time of day I finally got around to contacting them, but they too said "call level." The Veuling Web Form also is giving errors, "Sorry, the claim could not be sent. Please try again later or contact our Customer Services Centre."

What I found was that calling the Level phone # (US or Canada) routes to Iberia when you choose the option "Was your ticket purchased prior to June 17." Our ticket was purchased prior to that date. However, if you said it was purchased past 6/17, I would get routed to Level CS. Two phone calls later, I did get the money refunded, as the first agent could not do it and needed a manager (none were available). Overall, very poor showing by Level. We actually chose Level over Norwegian thinking "well IAG is behind it." That obviously seemed like logic at the time, but the Norwegian flights actually operated. Luckily the Hilton Opera was on a refundable booking. Now, I am hoping to file an EC261 claim, because no one actually knows why the flight was canceled and it would soften the blow of prepaid events we cannot recover. Lastly, we can try Chase Sapphire Reserve. Even Flightaware/Expert Flyer can rarely pull up these flights to show their reliability or reasons for cancellation.

I just hope this helps someone else if they're trying to actually get an agent empowered to change/refund a Level booking. Thanks for the help CWS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.