Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: LCC Terminal 2 in Lisbon

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Warning: LCC Terminal 2 in Lisbon

I just returned from Lisbon and wanted to alert everyone that the LCC’s - easyJet, Ryanair, Transavia, etc. - operate from Terminal 2. The metro arrives at Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 requires a bus transfer (free) from Terminal 1. This can easily add 15 minutes to your journey time. Terminal 2 is a shack of a terminal, horribly crowded and understaffed. Please budget more time to clear security than you normally would. The lines are LONG.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is good to know, because I thought LIS was one main terminal only. Although I am not a great admirer of LCCs I do use them from time to time, as suits needs. Does Eurowings and co. fly from this terminal?
Old May 19, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Yes, this has been the case since 2012.

T2 is a DEPARTURE ONLY facility for Ryanair, easyJet, Transavia, WizzAir and BlueAir. Arrivals from T2 airlines also happen in T1.

Everyone else operates from T1.

T2 was originally the domestic terminal for flights within Portugal, but that changed in 2012 when the airport started attracting LCCs.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It even mentions the lack of facilities at T2 on the LIS wiki page.

TBH there is nothing unusual about this. Piers H & M at AMS are also LCC territory with very limited facilities
Old May 19, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
TBH there is nothing unusual about this. Piers H & M at AMS are also LCC territory with very limited facilities
In my opinion pier M at AMS is easily the best part of the airport: nonexistent lines at security, no nude-o-scope, just enough shops and restaurants to grab a bite before flying, and a reasonable walk to the gate. Terminal 1 and the B gates are easily inferior.
tecate55 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.