Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP - Receive an offer for changing your flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:00 am
Original Poster

My mother messaged me last night saying that she got an email from TAP offering 200 EUR voucher for taking her flight a day sooner. I've done some googling, but were not able to find anything. Has anyone gotten similar offers? Is that voucher cash or 200 EUR credit for future TAP flights? Do they tend to go higher as the flight date nears? (Ticket is currently for March 7).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Palal
Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.
+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HaaZe
In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.
Looks like TP have cancelled the TP764 rotation that day. If 7:00am on August 27th is not convenient, TP764 is still flying on August 26th and 28th, so just call them to have it changed for free to one of those dates.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by mmff
+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.
Not really. If the airline is proactive in this way, chances are that someone will accept the offer and take the 200 euros. Thus, no op-ups or denied boarding compensation is likely. IMHO this is exactly what airlines should be doing in situations like this.
mmff likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:56 am

Just received a similar offer for an intra Europe flight in economy, they offered a 50 euro voucher. I was curious so checked expertflyer expecting the flight to be zeroed out but it's showing Y9 B9 M9 S0 H0....

Also interesting that they made the offer now given that the flight is still 5 weeks out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.