TAP - Receive an offer for changing your flight

Old Feb 14, 19, 11:00 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BOS
Posts: 403
TAP - Receive an offer for changing your flight

My mother messaged me last night saying that she got an email from TAP offering 200 EUR voucher for taking her flight a day sooner. I've done some googling, but were not able to find anything. Has anyone gotten similar offers? Is that voucher cash or 200 EUR credit for future TAP flights? Do they tend to go higher as the flight date nears? (Ticket is currently for March 7).
DiMAn0684 is offline  
Old Feb 15, 19, 3:33 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,671
Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.
Palal is offline  
Old Feb 15, 19, 4:08 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,992
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Chances are the flight is oversold and they're looking for volunteers who are flexible. This way they don't have to pay out compensation.
+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.
mmff is offline  
Old Apr 19, 19, 1:20 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Posts: 110
In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.
HaaZe is online now  
Old Apr 19, 19, 2:19 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Algarve, Sussex or S.F Bay Area
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 2,858
Originally Posted by HaaZe View Post
In a different vein, I've just been notified that my LIS-OSL flight (as a part of YYZ-LIS// 2 day stopover // LIS-OSL, same ticket, J class) has been changed.

I booked TP764 (1325-1830) and instead have been offered TP762 (0700-1200) - date in question is 27 August.

First world problem, I know, but 7am flights during holiday times aren't my idea of fun. Any experiences with sourcing alternative flight times with TAP?

I am, however, pretty resigned to losing a morning in LIS and traipse to the airport... Thanks in advance for any insights you might have.
Looks like TP have cancelled the TP764 rotation that day. If 7:00am on August 27th is not convenient, TP764 is still flying on August 26th and 28th, so just call them to have it changed for free to one of those dates.
Tafflyer is offline  
Old Apr 21, 19, 2:11 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Silver, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by mmff View Post
+1

Probably worth waiting for an opup or VDB compensation.
Not really. If the airline is proactive in this way, chances are that someone will accept the offer and take the 200 euros. Thus, no op-ups or denied boarding compensation is likely. IMHO this is exactly what airlines should be doing in situations like this.
mmff likes this.
Trav1970 is offline  
Old May 10, 19, 1:56 am
  #7  
formerly killuminati
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 494
Just received a similar offer for an intra Europe flight in economy, they offered a 50 euro voucher. I was curious so checked expertflyer expecting the flight to be zeroed out but it's showing Y9 B9 M9 S0 H0....

Also interesting that they made the offer now given that the flight is still 5 weeks out.
bcnfish is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread