Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question Norwegian Airlines

I would like to know a little more about people who travel on Low Fare tickets on Norwegian. I see I get a very small personal item and 1 carry on not to exceed 10 kg. I was wondering how travelers met these requirements and what tips and tricks you could share for flying on this budget airline. We will not have a Dreamliner but rather a 737-Max I believe as our plane and since they do not assign seats with this kind of fare, I have no idea where i would be sitting and if there are (TV's, electronics) on the plane. Some suggested I bring my own earbuds as they dont give those out to people on Low Fare Tickets.

Any tips, suggestions you can share would be appreciated as we have never flown this airline.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:39 pm

I flew Wow from ORD to DUB on a $150 ticket with no extras, so just a 10 KG backpack.

How did I do it?

One, I checked in online, so I did not have to get my cabin baggage approved by the check-in agent to get my boarding pass.

Two, I worke a travel hoodie, which is filled with pockets big enough to hold a full sized iPad. My clothes themselves were not very heavy, what pushed my weight over 10 KG was things like my iPad, travel hoodie, liquids, USB charging hub. If need be, I could move those into my hoodie, to get the weight under 10 KG.

The travel hoodie is a nice day to day item as well. I live in a walkable city, and if I want to take my iPad or a book to a coffee shop, I can just put it in the pocket. It also has places for my boarding pass and passport (I hate keeping my passport in my pocket, as it is an awkward size and I am terrified it will fall out). So, even on normal airlines, I like it, because it keeps me organized.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 7:50 pm

We flew it, and it was fine. Just exactly what they tell you it will be---a low cost airline that will get you from one place to another. You will absolutely need to bring your own earbuds, and should check on bringing your own iPad or other entertainment machine. Some flights don't provide the seat back entertainment, but they have free movies etc on board that you can play on your own phone. If you want luggage, you'll pay for it. It won't push the cost above what you'd be paying on a "regular" airline. If you want dinner, bring in on with you, or pay a ton of money on board. They are cutting corners where they can, but they are very upfront with all of it.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
I flew Wow from ORD to DUB on a $150 ticket with no extras, so just a 10 KG backpack.

How did I do it?

One, I checked in online, so I did not have to get my cabin baggage approved by the check-in agent to get my boarding pass.

Two, I worke a travel hoodie, which is filled with pockets big enough to hold a full sized iPad. My clothes themselves were not very heavy, what pushed my weight over 10 KG was things like my iPad, travel hoodie, liquids, USB charging hub. If need be, I could move those into my hoodie, to get the weight under 10 KG.

The travel hoodie is a nice day to day item as well. I live in a walkable city, and if I want to take my iPad or a book to a coffee shop, I can just put it in the pocket. It also has places for my boarding pass and passport (I hate keeping my passport in my pocket, as it is an awkward size and I am terrified it will fall out). So, even on normal airlines, I like it, because it keeps me organized.
Hi where did you get your travel hoodie? I'm searching for one at the moment and don't know which brands are good. Thank you.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:50 am

We flew low cost on the 737 max in December with Norwegian. Bring your own entertainment, as there is none. We downloaded Netflix content to ipads.

We bought food and drink to bring onboard, so not problem there.

The 10kg is easy, I am a woman and had no issues managing for a two week holiday. I do avoid wheeled bags, as the frame is where the weight is. I use a MEC fast rack shoulder bag/backpack. Plus a small purse.

We were assigned seats together.

All together it was a great experience and we saved a ton over regular carriers. Good to be aware though, if they have delays they can be long, so build in a buffer to any crucial events during or after travel.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You would be surprised how easy it is to pack for a longer trip when every extra piece of clothing somehow costs something !
SquarePeg likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by david119h
Hi where did you get your travel hoodie? I'm searching for one at the moment and don't know which brands are good. Thank you.
I know I'm a year late to this thread, but I just wanted to add that I'm absolutely in love with the ScottEVest fleece hoodie I bought before a trip to Germany, Vienna, and Prague last year. Enough pockets to hold every bit of tech I own, including two iPads, a laptop (!!!!), two phones and all the cables, headphones, glasses, etc. Plus a water bottle pocket, handwarmer pockets and a lot more. Just hit the ScottEVest site and find one you like. An extra thing that I just loved with a hood with a lightproof flap that folds over your face, and printed with the words "DO NOT DISTURB." Great for overnight flights or long layovers.
4sallypat likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
Seat assignments prior to boarding question

Does anyone know if Norwegian Low Fare ticket holders will allow one to choose the remaining seats upon online checkin ?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 4sallypat
Does anyone know if Norwegian Low Fare ticket holders will allow one to choose the remaining seats upon online checkin ?
Yes, for an additional charge. At least on the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.