Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian moving EWR flights to JFK.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Norwegian moving EWR flights to JFK.

Hello. I’m scheduled to fly from EWR to Paris Orly next week. I’ve noticed in the past few days, Norwegian started canceling EWR flights and moving them to JFK - both inbound and outbound, it seems. I called Norwegian to inquire, and I was told it is an isolated regulatory issue. Norwegian is still selling my flight as departing from EWR, not JFK. They’ve been offering a few options: refunds or bus transportation from EWR to JFK. The flights moved to JFK have been leaving at ridiculous hours like 2am, 3am...I guess that’s the only time available for them. Even the inbound flights seem to be getting delayed by several hours. I’m thinkiking this is becoming, like, a regular thing for the
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, my post was cut off. Anyway, seems like moving EWR flights to JFK is becoming a permanent move? Perhaps there is some sort of Port Authority issue at play here? Or maybe there’s some huge expense for them to fly to and from EWR vs. JFK? I’d appreciate it if anyone out there has any information about this. I’d like to prepare now if I need to get myself to JFK, which is a whole lot further for me. Many thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:59 am

Apparently Norwegian is relocating the flights to Barcelona and Rome out of Newark to JFK at the end of October. Any official confirmation?

https://www.norwegian.com/us/route-m...ShowPrice=True

https://www.norwegian.com/us/route-m...ShowPrice=True
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:00 am

Makes sense. Could they have been given some of the Thomas Cook slots?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by James91
Makes sense. Could they have been given some of the Thomas Cook slots?
Possibly, but they certainly weren't just "given" the slots!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.