Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian flight participation JFK-CPH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have a flight next week (friday night) JFK-CPH Copenhagen. Just wondering how full I should expect the plane. The current seat map shows quite a few empty seats in the back half of the plane. I'd say maybe 40% of seats are available as of now.

Curious if I would be able to score an empty seat next to me or somehow a full row to myself. Not sure how packed these flights are this time of year.

I won't be purchasing a seat reservation (at least that's my plan) and want to take my chances with the airport check in day of.

Should I expect this flight to remain relatively empty based on where we're at with the seat map? I've read that seat maps aren't a great indicator of flight participation.

Also, if I do get assigned a seat with neighbors but notice rows in the back of the plane are empty, how accommodating are the flight attendants in letting me move pre-take off or once we're airborne?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sumgrad
Hi all,

I have a flight next week (friday night) JFK-CPH Copenhagen. Just wondering how full I should expect the plane. The current seat map shows quite a few empty seats in the back half of the plane. I'd say maybe 40% of seats are available as of now.

Curious if I would be able to score an empty seat next to me or somehow a full row to myself. Not sure how packed these flights are this time of year.

I won't be purchasing a seat reservation (at least that's my plan) and want to take my chances with the airport check in day of.

Should I expect this flight to remain relatively empty based on where we're at with the seat map? I've read that seat maps aren't a great indicator of flight participation.

Also, if I do get assigned a seat with neighbors but notice rows in the back of the plane are empty, how accommodating are the flight attendants in letting me move pre-take off or once we're airborne?

Thanks!
There may be quite a few people who like you elects not to pay for advance seat reservation, and thus looking at the seat map is not a very good indicator of load. This is true even for airlines with free seat reservation, but even more so for airlines with a paid for seat reservation.

Should there be options to spread out once on board, I am sure the crew will be accommodating, as long as the free seats are not Premium seats as emergency exit etc.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by sumgrad
Hi all,

Thanks!
Norwegian's seat maps so far in advance of departure are a poor indicator of how full the plane will be. I would say that the current selling price levels of tickets for the one-way JFK-CPH flight are a better indicator of how full the flight may turn out to be.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Well thanks to this winter storm in NYC it looks like only a few Premium seats are being sold as the flight over to CPH today was cancelled. Though when I look at regular economy I'm seeing just a "-" where the price should be instead of "Sold Out" as I see on other flights so I'm a bit curious about that.

Looks like my dreams of scoring an entire row on the trip over will be dashed :/

Anyone have any luck requesting an aisle seat with the check in counter for Norwegian at JFK? Looks like I can't check in online the day of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.