Wiki Posts
Search

Pegasus airlines hand luggage

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Pegasus airlines hand luggage

I was thinking of trying Pegasus for the first time - was wondering about their hand luggage allowance.

Website states 8kg - though unclear as to whether a laptop would be included in this or not.

Has anyone had any experience here ? Are carryons weighed at the gate ?

Thanks

D.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As laptops need to be stowed for taxi, takeoff and landing, then it "belongs" in your bag and counts towards the 8kg.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I wonder how many people buy those jackets and vests that have dozens of pockets that can even hold small laptops.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As laptops need to be stowed for taxi, takeoff and landing, then it "belongs" in your bag and counts towards the 8kg.
The above has nothing to do with either Pegasus T&Cs or personal experience on Pegasus, and so is irrelevant.
Old May 24, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dand99
The above has nothing to do with either Pegasus T&Cs or personal experience on Pegasus, and so is irrelevant.
In my personal experience, passengers do not hold a laptop in their hand, or remove a laptop from their carry-on, if they are asked to have their carry-on weighed (either at check-in, or at the gate).

Perhaps your personal experience is different in this regard?

If you are challenged regarding the weight of your carry-on, you will be required to place your laptop in your carry-on prior to having it weighed.

Note also that if your flight is from Turkey to the UK, your laptop will have to be checked.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Personal experience is irrelevant unless it's with Pegasus.

Pegasus, like many others, allow a personal item. Including a laptop. Unlike others, it is not clear from their website whether or not the personal item is included in the 8kg or not.

This is why I want to know if there is official policy somewhere, or better yet, hear from others who have actually flown and have seen how they act on this.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
In my personal experience, passengers do not hold a laptop in their hand, or remove a laptop from their carry-on, if they are asked to have their carry-on weighed (either at check-in, or at the gate).

Perhaps your personal experience is different in this regard?

If you are challenged regarding the weight of your carry-on, you will be required to place your laptop in your carry-on prior to having it weighed.

Note also that if your flight is from Turkey to the UK, your laptop will have to be checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.