Wiki Posts
Search

Wizz Air early bag drop at LTN?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Wizz Air early bag drop at LTN?

Hi... travelling Wizz for the first time next week, a little apprehensive after reading so many negative comments and stories about them!

I'm travelling from LTN (not my choice, believe me!) and want to get there well ahead of my flight at 1655 in case of traffic issues etc. I will have a checked bag (don't ask...) and want to offload that as soon as possible.

Is there any chance checkin staff will allow me to drop my bag ahead of the 2-hour window?

TIA

OB
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
From the number of flights they operate out of LTN, i suppose that yeah they'll have people by the counter to do the baggage drop, but whether they allow it before the 2 hour time frame.....you might have to phone or just give it a try and hope for the best.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Hi... travelling Wizz for the first time next week, a little apprehensive after reading so many negative comments and stories about them!

I'm travelling from LTN (not my choice, believe me!) and want to get there well ahead of my flight at 1655 in case of traffic issues etc. I will have a checked bag (don't ask...) and want to offload that as soon as possible.

Is there any chance checkin staff will allow me to drop my bag ahead of the 2-hour window?

TIA

OB
I've dropped a bag at another airport a bit outside of the two hour window, but of course YMMV. I'd recommend not to worry too much about Wizzair and LTN.

The travel experience with Wizzair is in my mind very similar to Ryanair or Easyjet, with the notable difference that a fee applies to larger cabin baggage (and there is no additional 'personal item' unless you buy priority boarding). As long as you are aware of that and pay for what you need in advance, all should be fine.

LTN has seen quite a few improvements - depends of course where you are traveling from, but travel time should be somewhat predictable, either by taking the train and then the bus shuttle, or by checking current traffic conditions. For added peace of mind, you can pre-order fast track security through the LTN website for £3.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
Originally Posted by ParisMoskau
I've dropped a bag at another airport a bit outside of the two hour window, but of course YMMV. I'd recommend not to worry too much about Wizzair and LTN.

The travel experience with Wizzair is in my mind very similar to Ryanair or Easyjet, with the notable difference that a fee applies to larger cabin baggage (and there is no additional 'personal item' unless you buy priority boarding). As long as you are aware of that and pay for what you need in advance, all should be fine.

LTN has seen quite a few improvements - depends of course where you are traveling from, but travel time should be somewhat predictable, either by taking the train and then the bus shuttle, or by checking current traffic conditions. For added peace of mind, you can pre-order fast track security through the LTN website for £3.
Thank you for the sage advice. I've travelled FR and U2 plenty and have no issues with the experience there, so I'll set my expectations accordingly. I've studied the bag policy and understand that - hence my reason for checking a bag [because company won't pay for the priority boarding :-( and I need a case and a laptop bag].

It's many, many years since I used LTN but glad to hear it's improved somewhat. I'm allowing loads of time to get there.

I did contact them on Twitter and they advised early bag drop shouldn't be a problem, so we'll see what happens next week - I'll post back and let you know.

Cheers

OB
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:27 am

[because company won't pay for the priority boarding :-( and I need a case and a laptop bag].
I'm not an expert about wizzair, but isn't priority boarding cheaper than checking in a bag?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
Originally Posted by Ditto
I'm not an expert about wizzair, but isn't priority boarding cheaper than checking in a bag?
I think so, although in OP's scenario he'd need to pay for both priority boarding and the large cabin bag fee (should still be cheaper and more convenient).

Besides the reservation confirmation, Wizzair always sends a formal invoice which doesn't break down the amount paid into fare and optional services - this could be useful or OP.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:07 pm

It's many, many years since I used LTN but glad to hear it's improved somewhat. I'm allowing loads of time to get there.
Improvement and expansion works at LTN are currently ongoing, so don't expect the finished article when you get there!

For early morning flights - of which there are several - there's a noted problem with traffic congestion into the airport (which affects the shuttle buses from the station and also from the mid and long stay car parks), but for a 1655 departure this shouldn't be an issue.

The access road to the terminal, which goes under the runway, is currently being dualled which should help matters. Though I have read suggestions that the design of the new drop-off zone isn't ideal, with lots of pedestrian flows crossing the roadway.

Access to the paid security fast track, which Luton calls "Priority Lane", can also be bought on the day at the airport for £5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.