Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

LowFare+ on Norwegian, travelling with bicycle

Old Jun 6, 16, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, KL FB Ivory, SK EB Basic, FI Saga, DY Reward, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Pref

EDIT: Title should read LowFare+, not Flex+!

Trying to book a flight GOT-LGW for a month-or-so's time but tying myself up in knots over what is the 'right' price for my checked baggage, chiefly a road bike and sundries which usually weighs in at about 15kg including bag weight. Volume-wise as you'd expect it's on the large side, 140cm x 70cm x 15cm approximately.

I know DY charge extra for skis and golfing equipment, but when trying to book the ticket noticed a discrepancy. I had no option to select a bike, but DY's baggage rules suggest an extra 450SEK charge for carrying a bike PLUS limited space.

So, is this an error in the rules or would I be hit with the charge at the check-in desk?

All told, taking the extra charge into account, BA would be cheaper into LHR anyway (and I have previous experience flying this way)... and I don't trust STN with anything!

Return doesn't matter since it looks like I'm slumming it on Eurostar for an onward journey to Holland...

Last edited by 0415Z again...; Jun 6, 16 at 7:04 am Reason: Thread title incorrect