Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The RYANAIR thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dynamic pricing for the priority and bags now...

£8 for priority pre-booked during the booking process now. I'm sure it used to be fixed £6.00.

So I guess its now £10 if you select it AFTER booking.

However, while the £8 screenshot is EDI-KRK, that was definitely £6 last week.

PIK-RZE is £6 at this time.
Attached Images   

Last edited by hugolover; Jan 12, 2019 at 8:31 am
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:35 am

Looks like the fees list (https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful...lp-centre/fees) has been updated to show Priority plus 2 bags has changed from £6 to £6-£10; and 10kg check in from £8 to £10-£12.

Price increase without an announcement.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The tabloid press in the UK picked this up, similar stories in the Sun and Mirror. Nothing in the Independent though, and that was surprising.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...gage-fees.html

It was indeed fixed at £6 no matter how long or short the flight, now it seems like £6 for one hour flights, £8 for 2 hours, £10 for anything longer, or thereabouts, e.g EDI-LIS.

I was on LDY-EDI on Thursday, this is one of Ryanair's shorter flights so you'd imagine fewer bags generally. There were exactly 60 passengers with Priority Boarding and 47 without it. Just one tiny bag was placed in the trolley by the aircraft from one of those without PB, presumably a second bag went on the aircraft. A few months ago before these changes there would have been perhaps 20 in PB, 87 without. Ryanair's Plus, FlexiPlus and Business fares have Priority Boarding included, so it's a bit difficult to separate it all out.

LDY-EDI will stay at £6.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was on LDY-EDI on Thursday
omg - CWS slumming it with the rest of us on FR

i flew FR this morning. saw a couple of wheelies in the non-priority queue. didn't see any payments being taken. flight was far from full.

i reckon well over half the people on this flight had PB - although that may have only been half the plane. i do wonder whether FR really do limit PB to half the plane ?!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
i do wonder whether FR really do limit PB to half the plane ?!
No, it's limited to 90 passengers, which is what the 737s will take in terms of overhead locker space. Hence 56% of passengers in LDY had "priority".
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, it's limited to 90 passengers, which is what the 737s will take in terms of overhead locker space. Hence 56% of passengers in LDY had "priority".
according to the original publicity (FAQ 13):
Priority Boarding is capped at 95 customers per flight (out of 189 guests)

although now they've changed the fee - maybe they've trimmed the number down to 90 instead of 95 !
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:08 am

Flight from london to thessaloniki was diverted cause of bad weather. They finally dumb the passengers in... Timisoara, Romania.
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...loniki-greece/
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by MixalisK.
Flight from london to thessaloniki was diverted cause of bad weather. They finally dumb the passengers in... Timisoara, Romania.
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/20...loniki-greece/
I wonder what compensation these people are entitled to under Regulation 261/2004.
Originally Posted by Article 5
An operating air carrier shall not be obliged to pay compensation in accordance with Article 7, if it can prove that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Somehow I doubt that "all reasonable measures ha[ve] been taken" if Ryanair can't be contacted until the next morning and then only offers a bus ride which takes 22 hours, although the original weather-related reason seems to have been something extraordinary.
Originally Posted by Article 9
1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall be offered free of charge:

(a) meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time;

(b) hotel accommodation in cases

- where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary, or

- where a stay additional to that intended by the passenger becomes necessary;
Rather than offering hotel rooms and food, it sounds as if Ryanair made themselves unreachable. Also, some of Ryanair's passengers might not have had the assets to pay for a hotel using their own money, so some of them might not have booked a hotel room for that reason. Somehow, I doubt that Ryanair can get away from the obligation to provide hotel rooms and food by confusing the passengers about what they are supposed to do. Is a cash amount due in this situation, and if so, how is the cash amount to be determined?
Originally Posted by Article 10
Upgrading and downgrading

1. If an operating air carrier places a passenger in a class higher than that for which the ticket was purchased, it may not request any supplementary payment.

2. If an operating air carrier places a passenger in a class lower than that for which the ticket was purchased, it shall within seven days, by the means provided for in Article 7(3), reimburse

(b) 50 % of the price of the ticket for all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres, except flights between the European territory of the Member States and the French overseas departments, and for all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres, or
Is a direct flight a higher class of travel than a flight to the wrong airport followed by a 22-hour bus ride?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With PIK-RZE longer than EDI-KRK, and both longer than an hour, it obviously isn’t just based on length and is more than likely also based on market forces.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
With PIK-RZE longer than EDI-KRK, and both longer than an hour, it obviously isn’t just based on length and is more than likely also based on market forces.
More interesting than that it seems: PIK-RZE is £8 on all flights until 23 February inclusive, and then from 26 February and onwards it drops to £6. It seems detached from the fares since within that period you can have higher fares on £6 and lower fares on £8. The RZE service then stops on 30 March, and switches to Bydgoszcz, and stays at £6.

There's something similar on EDI-KRK, so they get £6 from 21 March (which has a £130 fare on that particular day as it happens), hence a different date, with £8 on all fares on and before 19 March.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Some person
I wonder what compensation these people are entitled to under Regulation 261/2004.Somehow I doubt that "all reasonable measures ha[ve] been taken" if Ryanair can't be contacted until the next morning and then only offers a bus ride which takes 22 hours, although the original weather-related reason seems to have been something extraordinary.Rather than offering hotel rooms and food, it sounds as if Ryanair made themselves unreachable. Also, some of Ryanair's passengers might not have had the assets to pay for a hotel using their own money, so some of them might not have booked a hotel room for that reason. Somehow, I doubt that Ryanair can get away from the obligation to provide hotel rooms and food by confusing the passengers about what they are supposed to do. Is a cash amount due in this situation, and if so, how is the cash amount to be determined?Is a direct flight a higher class of travel than a flight to the wrong airport followed by a 22-hour bus ride?
What i know is that the Minister of transportation ordered charted Aegean flight to pick them up next day.
Not to mention that Thessaloniki airport was fully operational that day.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The government is the one entity able to press Ryanair to do whats right. But no, they decide to hire an expensive Aegean flight on the taxpayers money. It's obvious elections are soon..

---

Last week I purchased the priority option for an existing booking ATH-EIN, which was 8 euro (6 euro at booking). Now it has increased to 10 euro at booking, presumably 12 euro later on. Thats almost double the price!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:47 am

Just a question about Ryanair and taxes - are all taxes included in the ticket price, or will they hit you with a separate invoice for taxes after you book the flight?

Some ticket prices they show on the website (e.g. 4.99 EUR for SXF-PMI on some days) are lower than the German departure tax of 7.46 EUR - how can this work?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Just a question about Ryanair and taxes - are all taxes included in the ticket price, or will they hit you with a separate invoice for taxes after you book the flight?

Some ticket prices they show on the website (e.g. 4.99 EUR for SXF-PMI on some days) are lower than the German departure tax of 7.46 EUR - how can this work?
Taxes are included - the price you see is the price you pay. They may bill you later if the government increase or add taxes, but that's quite rare.

There are many cases of flights departing the UK where the fare is much lower than the Air Passenger Duty.
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
They assume that there is a significant probability that you will have to pay for an extra service such as more luggage, or that you will have missed something in the fine print so that they can charge you extra for e.g. not checking in online or bringing too much luggage, or that you will also book a return flight with them which you pay more for.
cockpitvisit and jinglish like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.