Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The RYANAIR thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
Same experience for several bookings. Not a dime refunded yet. Has anyone here received refunds for Ryanair cancelled flights?
I have a feeling it is possible they are deeming us all without consent as having accepted vouchers. I think that's how they are getting away with saying they have processed refund requests through July, etc. I think it's all baloney.

I'm just guessing but really is there any reason to give this company the benefit of the doubt on something like this?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 1:54 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Not only are Ryanair basically hanging up with the “we are busy” message on their free phone number, after a 5 hour wait in their live online chat I still didn’t get through to anybody. Maybe il try a non refund category and see if it’s quicker.

Had hopes for a successful chargeback with HSBC after reading of other (quick) successes, but no luck there either. Wasn’t encouraged by the phone agent there having no idea on the laws (only one flight was cancelled not both legs etc)

I wish I’d just gone down the small claims court route now, just purely for my own satisfaction and to not allow them to get away with this crap.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:43 am

A recent cancellation from Ryanair said my refund would be processed within two weeks -- surely it won't be that fast?!
Old Aug 15, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
I have a booking TUF-DUB on Monday, the flight is going to go but we are already home by another route, is it possible to convert the value to a voucher. No change fees are available to Sept but can't make use of that option at this time due to Q and work.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 6:43 am

I'm flying KBP-STN on September 11 and it's already saying the flight is sold out, as well as the Fridays surrounding it. Should I expect a cancelation?

Edit: It was canceled. Chargeback initiated.

Last edited by James91; Aug 20, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Had hopes for a successful chargeback with HSBC after reading of other (quick) successes, but no luck there either. Wasn’t encouraged by the phone agent there having no idea on the laws (only one flight was cancelled not both legs etc)
A chargeback needs to be launched in a written form - not by a phone call, where it is so easy to fob off the cardholder.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dan1113
A recent cancellation from Ryanair said my refund would be processed within two weeks -- surely it won't be that fast?!
Don't confuse "refund processed by Ryanair" with "funds paid out, and funds made available to you by your bank/card provider within the account".
Old Aug 18, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Don't confuse "refund processed by Ryanair" with "funds paid out, and funds made available to you by your bank/card provider within the account".
Sure, but the time lag between the former and the latter is only a few days surely.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by warakorn
A chargeback needs to be launched in a written form - not by a phone call, where it is so easy to fob off the cardholder.
Simply not true.

`All mine have been launched with details taken over the phone with dispute reference number given in he same phone conversation.

I followed up by forwarding the reservation and cancellation emails I'd received from the airline.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sure, but the time lag between the former and the latter is only a few days surely.
You would hope so, but don't make the assumption that Ryanair are factoring in your bank's/payment processor's lead times into the timeline quoted.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:55 pm

Still nothing, so I have filed a chargeback request.

My chargeback with Ryanair a few months back was successful so I assume it will be again.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:58 pm
PxC

Still nothing, so I have filed a chargeback request.

My chargeback with Ryanair a few months back was successful so I assume it will be again.
Debit card or credit card, and if debit which bank?
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:40 am

TSB credit card - though this time it was actually a Revolut card since it was a euro transaction that I charged to Revolut. As far as I heard from TSB, Ryanair never replied to the chargeback to my card, so hoping it'll be the same with my Revolut chargeback.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Ryanair has cancelled my flight PDL-STN on the 5/9 - they cancelled all flight for all of September and October even though they were flying in July and August! They don't have to pay compensation because they gave 3 and not 2 weeks notice, but there is still a right of rerouting.
There are still options to fly with Ryanair from PDL to LIS or OPO and then to STN, but they refuse to pay for both legs and say I have to pay for one of the flights even though legally they have to offer a rerouting to the destination at the earliest opportunity.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 4:05 am
PxC

After being offered the voucher a while ago, recently I went to chatbot and wrote something like “Covid refund don’t want voucher”, that took me to an FAQ and there was a link there to another form which re-requests a refund and refuses the voucher. Have received the full refund a couple of weeks later (originally applied for it end of May)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.