Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

CSA operational changes after take over by Korean Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum

It seems the new owners are implementing some changes

1. Less close cooperation with SkyTeam partners - check in in Amsterdam on non-code shares now somewhere in Terminal 3 - used to be KLM until August 1st.(in Terminals 1/2). Rather inconvenient as they tend to depart from gate B36 or thereabouts. This adds 10 minutes to the in-airport travelling time.
2. Further optimization of available capacity - declassification of business class on PRG-AMS - (basically using middle seats on first the first few rows) - no upgrades then of course
3. And on a related note - the fact that some economy classes are upgradable has now such a low recognizance for check-in personnel outside of Prague that it leads to extra check-in time. Today on NIC-PRG took me a full 15 minutes to get my upgrade sorted out.

Anyone similar experiences?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:08 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I wouldn't see to much into the AMS situation... they probably just decided to go with a new ground handling agent there to save cash.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Handling of ČSA in AMS

I landed in AMS on SEP 10, 2013 at noon and it was a hell of a time trying to get a boarding pass to PRG (on-line check in would not issue me one, despite Skyteam's advertisement that YOU ONLY NEED TO CHECK ONCE). I had 8 hours in AMS with a program in the city and I wanted to get the boarding pass before I left the airport, and leave my hand bag checked in. Not possible.

I was sent to three different agents, including the gate outside of the secure area, but nobody would give me the last boarding pass. An hour later, frustrated, I left, as I was running out of time. The KLM agents told me they no more handle the ČSA flights, as a cheaper agency (Menzies) took over a couple of weeks ago. They literally said: "ČSA left us, so we cannot give you the boarding pass".

Upon arrival back in the evening, there was a long line, as somebody hinted - somewhere in the back of the terminal... (just like in July in Rome, felt like ČSA were the lowest-cost operator...) with no recognition to the Elite passengers (Skyteam Priority lane was closed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.