Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:32 pm

What is the LGW lounge access situation for Norwegian Premium? I was under the impression that it included the Club Rooms access from all the reports I have seen but I saw something on Trip Advisor where it is just the No 1 Lounge and you have to pay now 15 GBP to get into the Club Rooms Lounge.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:25 am

Got question, I'm gonna to book flight from florida to bcn (either FLL or MCO) same price partial premium from FLL/MCO to oslo, layeover than to BCN (on low fare). That's the option the website give him.

Will Norwegian charge me a separate baggage fee when I have layover in Oslo to BCN since that leg of the trip is "low fare?" So does me booking Premium FLL/MCO to Oslo leg exempt me from the baggage fee?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:49 am
J S

Assuming that you have one through ticket (i.e., just connecting in Oslo), then you should not pay baggage fee if you are in premium on the TATL.

JS
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: ANA Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG
DY7013 from Gatwick was diverted to Albany, NY today due to the storm. Since this was the first 787 to ever land at our airport, it made the local paper. There's an Albany Times Union article but it seems I need more posts in order to link to it. After 7 hours of practically doubling the number of people in the airport for a typical Thursday midday, the passengers were sent on buses to JFK. The plane will bring their luggage tomorrow, since there's no way to unload 787 cargo in ALB.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by speedlog
Sorry if OT, but what does a duty free purchase onboard code as on one's credit card statement? Same as food/beverage?
I flew OSL-LAX 1/2 in Premium, and bought a Duty Free items (iPhone case). It showed up on my credit card statement as : NORWEGIAN LONG HAUL CAPABILITY GR GBR

Unfortunately, they forgot to deliver it to me before landing, so now I get to call my CC and have the charge disputed.
[img]file:///page3image58088[/img] [img]file:///page3image58248[/img]
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:21 am
J S

Originally Posted by Primary Consult
DY7013 from Gatwick was diverted to Albany, NY today due to the storm. Since this was the first 787 to ever land at our airport, it made the local paper. There's an Albany Times Union article but it seems I need more posts in order to link to it. After 7 hours of practically doubling the number of people in the airport for a typical Thursday midday, the passengers were sent on buses to JFK. The plane will bring their luggage tomorrow, since there's no way to unload 787 cargo in ALB.
Here is the link: After a day on Albany's tarmac, Norwegian Air passengers continue journey - Times Union
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:40 am

I'll see your 787 and raise you a 380. Having been in Stewart I would say the terminal and customs got a bit crowded. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/a-singapore-airlines-a380-landed-at-stewart-airport-due-to-blizzard.html
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:56 pm

Just booked my first flight with Norwegian, EWR-Paris

Is it still correct that you cannot check in online or at a kiosk?

So we should arrive early if we want seats together?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jamesinclair
Just booked my first flight with Norwegian, EWR-Paris

Is it still correct that you cannot check in online or at a kiosk?

So we should arrive early if we want seats together?
I have both checked in online and at an airport kiosk on Norwegian, but my departure city was CPH, so not sure if there is a difference based on that. If you are a U.S. citizen traveling to Europe, they are sticklers for having a return ticket within 90 days (Schengen rules) or documentation that you are permitted to remain longer in Europe, so if you have not booked the return and/or added your passport information online, they will require you to check in with an agent.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
I have both checked in online and at an airport kiosk on Norwegian, but my departure city was CPH, so not sure if there is a difference based on that. If you are a U.S. citizen traveling to Europe, they are sticklers for having a return ticket within 90 days (Schengen rules) or documentation that you are permitted to remain longer in Europe, so if you have not booked the return and/or added your passport information online, they will require you to check in with an agent.
I have both added my passport info and my return is 8 days, also with Norwegian, on the same reservation.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:48 pm

No kiosks or OLCI from EWR. We did not reserve seats and had no issues getting decent seats together when we flew from North America.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:14 am

Simona Donzelli, to her surprise, was the 50,000th passenger that the bus has transported between the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the airport on a schedule tied to Norwegian’s arrivals and departures.

http://www.recordonline.com/news/20180118/bus-service-driving-norwegian-airs-success
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:27 am

Processing Time-Refund Request w/Cancellation Protection

I was scheduled to fly JFK-LGW-JFK on Feb 1. I did purchase Cancellation Protection Insurance. Unfortunately, my father took ill and I was forced to cancel my trip. Per Norwegian's instructions, I phoned the Call Center to cancel the booking. I then submitted a letter from my father's doctor and proof of relationship. To date, I've received two auto repilies. The first said "Unfortunately we are currently experiencing longer than expected processing times. All cases are dealt with in chronological date order. A customer service representative will respond back to you as soon as possible." The second came from the Refund Department confirming that my request was received. They gave no clue how long this process takes. Has anyone been through this with Norwegian? How long did it take to get your refund? Thanks!

Update: I got an email from Norwegian two weeks after my claim was submitted saying that it had been approved and that my account and would appear on my credit card within a week. That was last Tuesday. The credit posted on Friday.

Last edited by Nancy Colson; Feb 25, 2018 at 6:15 am Reason: Update
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by davidviolin
I think this is very close to the truth. In a few years, when the kinks are worked out, nobody will remember this when you can get a roundtrip LGW-JFK for $500 bux on a 787-
Resuscitating this post from 4 years ago because I think it's proven to be correct.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:13 am

DY 7097 from CDG-LAX was 60% empty on May 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.