Wiki Posts
Search

Montenegro Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Montenegro Airlines

Has anybody flown Montenegro Airlines at all? In business Class? We are choosing between Montenegro airlines from London to Tivat or BA to Dubrovnik followed by a 3 hour drive, but a pretty drive and solid business class airline. We will be travelling in July so a bit worried about traffic and time for birder crossing. Love to hear thoughts and comments on Montenegro airlines as alternative.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: plenty
better fly BA

I would avoid flying YM. Business Class is nothing, seats same as in Economy. YM E-Jets are new, but the Fokker 100s are ancient. On-time performance and reliability of YM are certainly not up to BA standards. Also, Tivat Airport is small. i would much prefer to land in DBV, where infrastructure is much better.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for feedback!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:12 am

I agree with svajcarac about the quality of Montenegro Airlines service, but you need to take into consideration the 3 hour drive you've mentioned.

In the summer there could be long queues (lines) at the border crossing, so your 3 hour drive may become 4 or 5.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Any other suggestions on how to get there from London?
Old May 20, 2012, 4:02 am

I find them slightly better than JAT.

- Staff is less Sowjetesk
- Planes are only ancient not stoneage
- Reliability is a bit better (only 2 massive delays and rest on time on Montenegro and almost nothing on time on JAT)
- Communication of delays is just as horrible. Use blackberry travel app to know how badly they are lying to you.
- Once I re-upgraded myself as I had a full-C ticket on Belgrade Podgorica but was donwgraded at checkin. I took the seat of a deadheading crew member who did not complain to me and went in the back. Drinks from plastic cups, sandwich served (probably same as longer flights get in Y).

On JAT I feel very unsafe, on Montenegro just unsafe. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Any recent experiences with Montenegro Airlines?
Considering to get a ticket for May next year. risky considering the recent wave of bankruptcies?

thanks
Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Any recent experiences with Montenegro Airlines?
Considering to get a ticket for May next year. risky considering the recent wave of bankruptcies?

thanks
Haven't flown with them for a year or so, but here's a recent trip report. At least the Embraers are perfectly alright, and certainly better than the CRJs some European airlines fly around.
It's been reported only one Fokker will be in operation during 2020, and they're moving to an Embraer-only fleet. The Montenegrin government has recently introduced legislation that would funnel ~150M€ into the airline over the next few years and have said they will do anything and everything to prevent its collapse as a matter of highest priority. Or something to that effect.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by LiHS
[…]The Montenegrin government has recently introduced legislation that would funnel ~150M€ into the airline over the next few years and have said they will do anything and everything to prevent its collapse as a matter of highest priority. Or something to that effect.
Thanks. This makes more confident to book my ticket.
LiHS likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:37 am

Any recent experiences with Montenegro airlines considering this Lgw to Tivat versus the new BA route to Podgorica? Tivat is much more convenient and drive from Podgorica to accommodation will take nearly 2 hours and it lands late at 19.10. I read somewhere about planes being diverted from Tivat in the evenings does it close then? What about the airports should this have a bearing on my choice? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.