Wiki Posts
Search

Condor Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: usair, delta, and united air
Condor Airlines

Condor Airlines is beginning to provide direct flights from Seattle,Wa to Frankfurt International. Does anyone know anything about this airline and their points programs? How is service and seating. Would appreciate info.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I thought this thread summarized how the service is on this airline...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...g-economy.html
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:09 pm

To me, the thread that @PVDtoDEL links to shows that a customer was bumped from business ("Comfort Class") to economy on one leg, and when asked, Condor gave the bumped customer 75% of their fare back, which they found satisfactory.

More information on Condor would be helpful to many...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:14 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to your first post on FT iHal

Condor is member of Lufthansa's Miles&More (no status miles though). The airline used to be the charter division of LH but now is wholly owned by Thomas Cook.

Personally I would consider Condor a quality airline.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
I flew once with them to Cuba...Condor is ok if the price is decent...but:
NO Private TV and the meal in ECO was the worst we ever had...if you are tall fly eco comfort...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:22 pm

Condor is evil and should be avoided if possible. They will not re-book connections after canceling flights (with no notice). I shall not fly with them again. They have inconvenienced all 11 family members twice in three years.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:13 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
Could you pls. share more information with us?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
In former times Condor has been the leisure company of Lufthansa. They sold them some years ago.

The product is very outdated. Comfort Class is a Premium Eco Seat. No PTV in Economy. They charge for seat reservations.

You can earn award miles with Lufthansa M&M, but only on flights departing from Germany. No Status recognition.

If something goes wrong, you are lost. They have basically no customer service. I had a little incident with a hefty delay. No problems solved by phone. DE refuses to pay any compensation. You have to use a lawyer to get your money. The court in Rüsselsheim is very busy with cases against Condor.

Fly with then if you have no expectatons and the price is cheap. I avoid them if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.