Wiki Posts
Search

CSA improves service again?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: OK, Eurobonus, Finnair Plus
CSA improves service again?

Does anyone have information about the improvements on board CSA?
Thew new OK Plus News promises "very elegant and stylishly designed dishes" - i.e. something will go considerably worse but what exactly?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Was on PRG-AMS-PRG this past weekend, bumped up to Business, but saw no changes so far.

Wonder who will be receiving these changes anyway, especially since long haul, ie to N. America, is gone...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:21 pm

Unhappy Always thought CSA had better service from JFK to Prague

Originally Posted by bobsmo
Was on PRG-AMS-PRG this past weekend, bumped up to Business, but saw no changes so far.

Wonder who will be receiving these changes anyway, especially since long haul, ie to N. America, is gone...

It is indeed sad that CSA will soon end its service to North America. Their service was much better than any United States carrier. How sad for all concerned.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
Food and other service on CSA

Was on AMS-PRG-AMS this weekend (as most weekends), was bumped up to business, noticed they

1. Re-introduced the tablecloths (were gone for a few weeks)
2. Protein component in food has become less recognizable (it used to be chicken or beef (or even pork, a meat seen not very often in commercial airlines). Now I have to agree with graraps, (who hasn't chimed in yet, but probably will do so shortly) it has turned into mystery meat. I think this is a cost saving measure.
3. Do not carry Becherovka anymore, already for a few weeks (though they have it as an option for purchase in Economy - I think the sales of paid for beverages in Y is so low that it does not cover the cost of printing the price list - but then I had only three flights in Y this year, so I might be mistaken)
4. The number of seats in C has been shrunk back dramatically. Where the Monday morning red eye to AMS normally would have six to seven rows in C that has been reduced to two (of course nearly all passengers in C would normally be bumped up golds and plats - so from a yield perspective it probably makes sense, they can put three in a row and don't have to give them hot breakfast. And since the demise of SkyEurope there is no competition anymore on PRG-AMS at 07.00 (SkyEurope used to have a flight at 06.55 or thereabouts), and the passengers have to go somewhere. Pricing has also gone up, at least on that route.
5. The consequence of 4.) is that upgrades are harder to come by. I noticed last week that one passenger actually had bought the upgrade (which is an option I thought nobody ever used). Probably that is exactly what the airline tries to achieve with reducing the number of seats in C - but they have to be very careful with that, it is the heart of the OK+ program, which would be pretty useless without that feature.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Originally Posted by Kvet01
Was on AMS-PRG-AMS this weekend (as most weekends), was bumped up to business, noticed they

2. Protein component in food has become less recognizable (it used to be chicken or beef (or even pork, a meat seen not very often in commercial airlines). Now I have to agree with graraps, (who hasn't chimed in yet, but probably will do so shortly) it has turned into mystery meat. I think this is a cost saving measure.
3. Do not carry Becherovka anymore, already for a few weeks (though they have it as an option for purchase in Economy - I think the sales of paid for beverages in Y is so low that it does not cover the cost of printing the price list - but then I had only three flights in Y this year, so I might be mistaken)
4. The number of seats in C has been shrunk back dramatically. Where the Monday morning red eye to AMS normally would have six to seven rows in C that has been reduced to two (of course nearly all passengers in C would normally be bumped up golds and plats - so from a yield perspective it probably makes sense, they can put three in a row and don't have to give them hot breakfast. And since the demise of SkyEurope there is no competition anymore on PRG-AMS at 07.00 (SkyEurope used to have a flight at 06.55 or thereabouts), and the passengers have to go somewhere. Pricing has also gone up, at least on that route.
5. The consequence of 4.) is that upgrades are harder to come by. I noticed last week that one passenger actually had bought the upgrade (which is an option I thought nobody ever used). Probably that is exactly what the airline tries to achieve with reducing the number of seats in C - but they have to be very careful with that, it is the heart of the OK+ program, which would be pretty useless without that feature.

1. Odd....I've gotten them almost always.....
2. Had the standard turkey cutlet going to AMS and back the chicken nuggets
3. Really?
4. I think this is really only on certain, more busy flights (so early morning first ones and late evening ones) as my mid day to AMS on Friday had 7 rows, but going back on the last flight Sunday (which I try to avoid like the plague as all the weekly travellers are on it) was only 3 as you mention.
5. See 4
Old Oct 21, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
A bit OT but a (possibly ) worrying piece of news that you might be interested in

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/ai...irlines-l.html

...All change at CSA Czech Airlines as seven of its eight board members, including CEO Radomir Lasak, have resigned. CSA supervisory board chairman Vaclav Novak has also quit....
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: OK, Eurobonus, Finnair Plus
By the way, is lamb still sometimes offered in CSA? Haven't seen it for some time but quite enjoyed it earlier.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Kvet01

1. well this thing is handy mostly during the summer season, to refresh your face
2. the food sucks totally, most of it I don't dare to touch and what is most insane that they are serving the same lunch meal on a 7:00am flight, and that is disgusting.
3. didn't drink that one, but I'm on whiskey, they radically changed the numbers they had, before that I had 4 or 5, now If I get 2 from the same brand I might consider myself lucky. And they withdraw whiskey from economy completely (even to pay for it)
4. yep, they shrink the C space a lot, but didn't notice any change for me for the upgrades, still get 99% of the flights upgraded.
5. totally, that is one of the main reasons I'm flying with them (second is they fly from Bratislava so I don't need to go to Vienna)

well it went to *** a bit, lets see what happens later on
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:01 am

was on PRG-AMS yesterday (17:05), upg to C, stanard towels, papers, etc and no new dishes etc. There were only 3 rows in C, and still half empty
Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:31 am

Think I saw finally, on my return AMS-PRG yesterday, the new dishware. I say think as if they were, the changes are very subtle (at least to me). A bit bigger and heavier glass salad bowl (tinted as well), with a bigger coffee/tea cup. Main course dish was also a bit different, most in colour, off white I guess.

But nothing major.

Could be the old stuff as well and I just never noticed the details before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.