Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advantage rent a car New to HNL/OGG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Advantage rent a car New to HNL/OGG

Any word on advantage rent a car? In Hawaii, they are getting one in HNL and OGG, so I am obviously curious. Their website is crap, does anyone have a personal opinion/experience they can talk about?
Old May 3, 2007, 12:40 pm

Advantage?

I'm interested as well for HNL. The rates coming up on the Orbitz site are about $20 less than the other on terminal car companies. I suspect that it's in part do to airport rental taxes.

Well, I just booked a compact car for 6 days $137 AI. It beats the other rental cos. by about $30 when you factor in taxes. I'll report back on how the whole experience ends up.

Last edited by toadman; May 4, 2007 at 11:19 am Reason: Update to post
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:28 am

Just reporting back on my recent Advantage rental in HNL over Memorial Weekend. Arrived about 12PM and called the Advantage hotline from baggage claim. They arrived in under 10 minutes. Dropped us off at a small rental lot just off the airport. Was not encouraged by the line of people picking up cars. They had two people working the counter and doing the hard sell on insurance ala Enterprise. Took about 25 minutes from when we arrived to getting the car. Looks like we arrived at rush hour. The return was much smoother. The rate was as good as the hotwire rates, so no complaints over all.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
I tried to get a rate quote on their website but got the message they were only open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Not much help if you have evening flights in or out. I tried them another time a while back at another location and they wanted some asinine deposit. I'll stick with the Emerald Club or Hotwire (usually Alamo) for my HNL rentals.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Just bring documentation of your insurance as the agent refused to rent a car without buying a waiver ($24/day) unless I had details of my insurance in writing.

In our case I was second or third in line from our shuttle. Pax #1 got the car I had reserved (Charger) so I got a Jeep Alliance 4WD at around $50/day including the compulsory insurance.

Our experience was similar to those above.

Hint: There are two gas stations around the corner. If you don't see them on the way to the Advantage office, drive there and ask. We couldn't find any gas places nearby!

I find there are insufficient exits (or insufficient signage) to assist our trips to HNL airport - we barely made our flight as a result of missing the (non-exsistent) #18 exit!

No problems with Advantage except the insurance 'compulsory without documentation' hard sell!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.