Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do foreigners do for collision when renting a car?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
What do foreigners do for collision when renting a car?

"Add Allianz Global Assistance Collision Damage Coverage to my rental for $9 per day
Provides up to $40,000 of coverage if your rental car is stolen, or damaged in an accident or while left unattended
Provided as primary coverage so in the event of a loss you may not need to file a claim with your auto insurance carrier
Plan only available to residents of the U.S. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply"

SO the offer is $9 per day for US residents? so if they sign up at the counter is that rate different and does it really cover non US residents?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: Priority Club, Eurobonus, Hertz Gold, Dollar Express, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by UA1KPHL

SO the offer is $9 per day for US residents? so if they sign up at the counter is that rate different and does it really cover non US residents?
People outside the US (atleast for Europeans) usually have the following included when they rent a car in the US:
Collision Damage Waiver
Liability Protection (LP) ($1 million liability coverage)

So...usually everything is covered when renting so nothing is needed to buy and whats not covered (personal insurance etc) is covered by travel insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.