Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any cheaper rate from Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Question Any cheaper rate from Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas?

Next Aug. 23, we'd like to fly from Toronto to either Flagstaff, AZ, to be closer to Grand Canyon, or to Las Vegas.

From Grand Canyon, we'll go to Las Vegas, then to Long Beach (for a cruise).

We could fly into Vegas and rent car there to drive to stay a Flagstaff for 2 nights, with 1 day to see the Grand Canyon. Or we could fly into Flagstaff, and do a one-way car rental, going to Las Vegas. But the one-way car rental is very expensive. Lowest is Hertz at $125+100 drop off fee. Or Budget at $135 no drop off fee. Then add on about $40 of tax/fee.

It's a lot cheaper to rent from Las Vegas, about $25/d, or could do priceline/hotwife, for the days in Vegas.

Anyone knows of some way (codes) to get cheaper one-way car rental from Flagstaff, to Vegas?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 1:01 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Booking any car rental involving LAS 1 year out will yeild ridiculous pricing. I would start worrying 8 weeks out as revenue management pushes the rates around daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.