Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PAL business class....any good? why so cheap?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I was actually checking PAL flights to Japan at the end of the year for a cold holiday ... and business class was showing 1 - 2 - 1 configuration for Haneda ... crossing my fingers that there's no deliver delay!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by in2it54
Have any of you had a chance to spend time in their T2 lounge ?
I have a 5 hour PAL cross connect coming up in a month or so.

Food options. Best to eat the plane offerings or lounge offerings ?
Drinks. Do they offer nice brands, lounge or plane ?

Does the Lounge offer showers and somewhere quiet to rest/sleep ?
see the lounge:

(starting at 9:00 minutes in)
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:30 pm

I think partly PAL is cheaper is because they arent really part of any alliance.
Cant earn miles towards status on the big three alliances.

I have seen cheap biz class fares on PAL but passed them up because I dont get miles on my usual carriers in Skyteam and Star.
Same for other airlines like Sichuan.
Cheap but no useful miles anywhere.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:52 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
I think partly PAL is cheaper is because they arent really part of any alliance.

I have seen cheap biz class fares on PAL but passed them up because I dont get miles on my usual carriers in Skyteam and Star.
Good point - the miles are something like a 6% discount.
The difference between PAL and Delta, United or other alliance carriers is often a lot more than that. Unless your company is paying for the tickets, you can still save money with non-alliance carriers!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by HawaiiO

The only alliance it can earn on is *A by crediting the miles to your ANA account. What's good about it is that even the cheapest J fares earn 125% and PEY fares also earn 125%.

http://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/asw...ile/tk/pr.html
Old Mar 22, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
This is great advice, I have been an ANA member since my BMI days!
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The last few comments, # 48 to 51, about the PR stand-alone frequent flyer program likely explain much about why its business class is still priced relatively cheaply.

Those who cannot use the NH work-around may consider participating in the PR Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer plan, especially if often making domestic connections from MNL.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:48 pm

Programs: Worldperks Gold, Hilton HHonnors Plat
Business Class Isle access

I am not sure if I should be making this post here, or in the other thread, apologies if I made a poor choice.
Has anyone flown PR Business class from the west coast to MNL.
I am a bigger guy, and I don't sleep so well sitting up, looking at less expensive business class with lay flat, or angle lay flat fligths.
I see PR has a 2x3x2 cabin.
Is there enough space for the seatmate to pass with the seat in lay flat?
e.g. If I picked a window, would I be able to exit without waking the person next to me?
Any other suggestions are welcome, I mostly care about Lay Flat and the ability to get up if nature calls, I am willing to bring my own entertainment and water if needed.
If ZIP had a USA to MNL flight I might be interested, but not sure I want to go through the hassle of transferring luggage at NRT.
Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2023, 9:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
you can check out youtube for some of their 777 videos. If you believe you won't leave your seat too often, i would suggest a window seat so that you won't be disturbed. Of course, the person next to you can't blame you much if you have to cross over him/her as that's the nature of fact unless you do it frequently. Space looks acceptable given the price paid, but some ppl may not use to lay flat anymore. I think that's about how you adjust your expectation prior to the flight, but it is still superior than premium economy than any other airlines. If ZIP has good connection, I think it could be a good choice as they may have less chance of delay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.