Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in KUL (LCCT)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Transit in KUL (LCCT)

Hi. I am a Bangladeshi and need to clear immegration at KUL (LCCT) on my way home. My travel plan with Air Asia is Phuket-KUL(LCCT)-Dhaka. So, is there any transit visa required? Is on arriaval transit visa issued to Bnagladeshies? What is the cost of the visa? Detailed suggestion will be really helpful. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Air Asia does not provide connections.

You will have to pass through Malaysian immigration but good news seems to be:

National Bangladesh (BD) /Transit Malaysia (MY)
Destination Malaysia (MY)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Malaysia (MY)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Those continuing their journey

within 120 hours to a third country provided holding confirmed
onward ticket, hotel confirmation and sufficient funds.

Leaving the transit area is allowed.
Additional Information:

Visa and passport info:
https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...t_information/

Last edited by rankourabu; Feb 26, 2009 at 4:49 pm
Old Feb 25, 2009, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you rankourabu. Would you please provide the link where I may get more information?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:34 am

Transit for Singapore

Dear All,

I want to travel Singapore via Malaysia (LCCT airport). My flight will arrive there around 12 AM and my next flight for singapore on 7 AM (6 hours later). And I do not have any plan to go outside airport for this duration. Now my question is,

1. Do I need transit Visa?
2. Can I enter Departer Hall from Arrival Hall without completing immigration?
3. As Air Asia is a point to point service provider and I cannot book my luggage for Singapore from Dhaka, Do I need to carry my total luggage during the travel?
4. If all the previous answers are negative, Do LCCT airport provide on arrival Visa for Bangladeshis?

Waiting for reply.

Regards

Reaz
Old Mar 19, 2009, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Hello Reaz and welcome to FlyerTalk!

At the LCCT, there is no way to enter the departure hall from the arrival hall. You must proceed through immigration into Malaysia and then through it again to depart, even though the exit and entrance are literally just meters apart.

You will need to collect your bags from the baggage claim upon arrival and then recheck them. Fortunately, as I said, it's not a long walk from the baggage claim/immigration station to the ticket/baggage counters.

I'm not sure of visa specifics for Bangladeshis. As a U.S. citizen, I didn't need any visas at all, but things may be different for Bangladeshis. There may be some information you can gather from Wikitravel's article on Malaysia, though.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:23 am
Suspended

For sure you must end one flight and check in for the second and allow lots of time
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:48 am

Travel from Singapore to Trivandrum via KL with Air Asia Airlines

Hi,
I am a Singapore Permanant Resident holding Indian Passport.
Next week I am planning to travel from Singapore to Trivandrum (India) via Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) with Air Asia Airlines.

I will be boarding from Singapore and will reach Kuala Lumpur (KL) at 11.30 PM.The flight from KL to Trivandrum is at 6.30 AM the next day.
I am not planning to go out of the KL airport during these 6 hours. Both the flights are with Air Asia Airlines.

In this case do I require Malaysian visa to travel ? I will be coming back from Trivandrum to Singapore within 1 month.

Please advise.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lashics
Hi,
I am a Singapore Permanant Resident holding Indian Passport.
Next week I am planning to travel from Singapore to Trivandrum (India) via Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) with Air Asia Airlines.

I will be boarding from Singapore and will reach Kuala Lumpur (KL) at 11.30 PM.The flight from KL to Trivandrum is at 6.30 AM the next day.
I am not planning to go out of the KL airport during these 6 hours. Both the flights are with Air Asia Airlines.

In this case do I require Malaysian visa to travel ? I will be coming back from Trivandrum to Singapore within 1 month.

Please advise.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, lashics!

There are no airside connections at the KUL LCCT, so you must enter the country of Malaysia in order to connect. Upon collecting your baggage, the only way out of the baggage area leads to customs/immigration and then out to the public landside part of the airport. It does not matter that you do not plan to leave the airport--you will be entering Malaysia (and can freely leave the airport once you do so).

I can't speak to your specific situation (since I am not personally familiar with Malaysian visa rules regarding Indian nationals who are permanent Singapore residents), but if you would normally require a visa in order to enter Malaysia, then you will also require the same visa to fly with AK and connect in KUL.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:06 am

Hi Jackal,

Thanks for your immediate response.
I happen to see a post in
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...ageID=16211295

which is almost similar to my case.

That's why I thought of double checking.

Please let me know if you find more information.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:36 am

Hi,
Thanks for the information.
I happened to read a post where it is written that a transit pass will be issued for passengers travelling KUL LCCT.

Please let me know if you find more information.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:54 am

need some information :
i'm indonesian... i'm travelling to phuket thailand by air asia...
on the way home to indonesia, i will transit in lcct for about 6 hours waiting the next flight to surabaya-indonesia...
i need sugestions what should we do during that 6 hours??
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomas1976
need some information :
i'm indonesian... i'm travelling to phuket thailand by air asia...
on the way home to indonesia, i will transit in lcct for about 6 hours waiting the next flight to surabaya-indonesia...
i need sugestions what should we do during that 6 hours??
Eat at McDonald's or The Coffee Bean. That's pretty much what I did in the LCCT on my 6-hour layover...

Someday with the proposed extension of the KLIA Ekspres train to the LCCT, it might be feasible to head out of the airport, but until then, it just takes too long to get out (unless you want to pay for a taxi).
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I have done both the train (with shuttle bus connection) and the bus to the city center... and it took both nearly 1 hour each way.

Its good to know that it is possible to transfer in a country requiring visa without getting a visa... I wonder what other countries offer the same thing... 120 hours is quite a long time, longer than most of my holiday travels to any particular city.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: StarAlliance
Originally Posted by zubayer
Hi. I am a Bangladeshi and need to clear immegration at KUL (LCCT) on my way home. My travel plan with Air Asia is Phuket-KUL(LCCT)-Dhaka. So, is there any transit visa required? Is on arriaval transit visa issued to Bnagladeshies? What is the cost of the visa? Detailed suggestion will be really helpful. Thanks.
Malaysia seems to be having one of the most relaxed Visa requirements for tourists, more information could be found in the article at : http://www.backpackingasia.com/artic...sa-regulations
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:39 am

Long layover at KUL LCCY

I've got a 4 hour layover at the KUL LCCT tomorrow. I am transferring from one Air Asia flight to another.

How's the food court? Any other exciting updates about the LCCT? I'd prefer not to waste the space in my passport, but I think I might head to the main terminal if it's nicer. Anyone have an opinion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.