Virgin Blue Airpass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 8:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Virgin Blue Airpass

press release

Imagine having these fares available year-round, with no season restrictions; no change fees for extensions or to change your flights and a pass that can be bought independently, to be used in conjunction with any international air ticket on any airline operating to Australia!

From September 2008 international travellers visiting Australasia will be able to do exactly that when they buy the revolutionary new Virgin Blue Airpass! Airpass packages of three flight sectors start from just $A207*.

“Our new Airpass is designed to be very affordable, easy to buy and easy to use,” said Stefan Pichler, Chief Commercial Officer, Virgin Blue Airlines.

“Airpass holders can fly on their choice of 53 routes across Australia and New Zealand, allowing travellers to explore capital cities, regional towns and tourism centres across our Australasian network.”

It’s easy; all you have to do is select a minimum of three flights from any of the Virgin Blue Fly Zones. That is, three flight sectors may be selected from within the one Fly Zone, or they may be selected from more than one Fly Zone.

The Virgin Blue Airpass is also valid for 12 months, giving you plenty of time to enjoy your holiday in Australia and/or New Zealand. The cost of your flights is based on air mileage and how far you fly. Pay only for the air miles you use!

Four Fly Zones are available:

Quick Fly Zone – with fares from $69*

Available Sectors

Adelaide - Melbourne
Canberra - Melbourne
Launceston - Melbourne

Albury - Sydney
Canberra - Sydney
Mackay - Sydney

Ballina -Sydney
Coffs Harbour - Sydney
Melbourne - Newcastle

Brisbane – Newcastle
Coolangatta - Sydney
Newcastle - Coolangatta

Brisbane – Rockhampton
Hobart - Melbourne
Sydney – Port Macquarie

Canberra - Coolangatta
Hobart – Sydney

Metro Fly Zone – with fares from $79*

Available Sectors

Adelaide - Canberra
Brisbane – Mackay
Launceston - Sydney

Brisbane – Canberra
Brisbane – Proserpine
Melbourne- Sydney

Brisbane – Hamilton Island
Brisbane – Sydney

Coastal Fly Zone – with fares from $99*

Available Sectors

Adelaide - Brisbane
Brisbane - Melbourne
Mackay - Sydney

Adelaide - Coolangatta
Brisbane - Townsville
Maroochydore - Melbourne

Adelaide - Hobart
Broome - Perth
Melbourne - Coolangatta

Adelaide - Sydney
Cairns - Sydney
Rockhampton - Sydney

Brisbane - Cairns
Coffs Harbour - Melbourne
Sydney - Townsville

Brisbane - Hobart
Hobart – Sydney

Cross Country Fly Zone – with fares from $179

Available Sectors

Adelaide - Broome
Brisbane - Perth
Melbourne - Christchurch

Adelaide - Perth
Brisbane - Wellington
Melbourne - Perth

Brisbane – Auckland
Cairns - Melbourne
Perth - Sydney

Brisbane – Christchurch
Coolangatta - Auckland
Sydney - Christchurch

Brisbane - Darwin

The web-based product will be available for sale globally via the www.virginblueairpass.com web site or via your travel agent.**
Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Saw this yesterday, too. The story noted that the prices excluded 10% GST.
That's probably because the passes, for international travellers, sold internationally, will not attract the GST - and will not be sold in Australia.

Bloody good Kiwi deal - but then you pay even more GST. Maybe buy from your Asia-based TA!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 10:29 pm

This seems like a great product. Too bad it seems it won't actually go on sale until September though!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but purchased one of these today.

I purchased three sectors (I only needed two, but there's a good chance I may get to use the third on a later trip to Australia). All up, $50 AUD less than if I'd purchased just the two flights I wanted this month. For many, also add on another $20 in savings as luggage is included in the airpass fares (I still have 2 months of silver left so not yet an issue for me). Great value.

The other benefit (useful for my third sector), is online date/time changes are free. Only downside is no velocity points, but I can live with that for the money saved.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 9:11 am

Thumbs down disappointed thus far

I bought a pass for 7 legs.

For the past 3 days I have been trying to access their website to reschedule a leg and the website does not work
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by saint77
I bought a pass for 7 legs.

For the past 3 days I have been trying to access their website to reschedule a leg and the website does not work
Their head office has been evacuated and is partially under water due to the Queensland floods. I am not sure whether this is the reason for your problem but much of the city they are based in is currently under water. Hopefully they will rectify it soon but they are facing a major challenge at the moment - not sure how urgently you need to change the leg but if you can wait until after the crisis that might help or try contacting them via other means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.