Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cross straits flights open to all

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Cross straits flights open to all

Cross TAiwan straits flights to be open to all with valid documents, not just Taiwanese and Chinese.

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/c...an%2DChina.htm
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Yup, but only 18 frequencies both side at the start, I don't think there's enough supply for the demand.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

i'm glad to hear this is finally starting to take shape. taiwan is cool, but doesn't not -- 8 hours travel time -- cool (unless there are business considerations, of course).
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:22 pm
Formerly known as aep

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Originally Posted by moondog
i'm glad to hear this is finally starting to take shape. taiwan is cool, but doesn't not -- 8 hours travel time -- cool (unless there are business considerations, of course).
doesn't not?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aep
doesn't not?
i just tried to edit my post, but there was an ad in the way. oh, well.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

the latest cross straits news

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/.../21/2003415289
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:05 am

Well, RMB3,700 yuan (US$528.6) for a round trip of Economy Class flight between Shanghai and Taipei sounds fairly reasonable.

More information available here.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:47 am
Suspended

how can it be reasonable when the same trip involving 2 planes and some 3.5 hrs flying + HKG taxes is charged at the same price for a 1.5 hr flight
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

more flight info

CAA releases charter flight details

JULY 4 PREPARATIONS: A total of 16 round-trip flights are planned for the opening day of the new cross-strait travel program, with a CAL flight to Shanghai the first to depart
By Shelley Shan
STAFF REPORTER
Wednesday, Jun 25, 2008, Page 2
The Civil Aeronautics Administration (CAA) yesterday released its cross-strait charter flight plan that will take effect on July 4, with Taipei Songshan Airport proving the most popular destination for the Chinese airlines and Kaohsiung the least popular.

None of the airlines has applied to land in Kaohsiung.

CAA Deputy Director-General Lin Shinn-der (林信得) told a press conference yesterday that although Xiamen Air was the only one of the six Chinese carriers to submit an official application, the other five had told the council which routes they are interested in.

China Southern Airlines said it wanted one round-trip flight between Guangzhou and Taoyuan International Airport next Friday, with the flight leaving Guanzhou at 7:20am.

Lin said almost all the Chinese airlines wanted flights to Songshan.

Chinese Eastern Air has asked if it could have two round-trip flights to Songshan next Friday, one from Nanjing and the other from Shanghai.

Songshan’s popularity means the council will have to shorten the intervals between two arriving or departing flights from two hours to one-and-a-half hours.

There will be a total of 16 round-trip flights for Taoyuan, 13 for Songshan, three for Taichung, one for Hualien and three for Makung.

As Songshan is also the only airport that has not had experience in handling a cross-strait charter flight, the council is planning a dress rehearsal next Wednesday, Lin said.

The council’s schedule shows that China Airlines (CAL) will have one round-trip flight between Taoyuan and Beijing and two round-trip flights between Taoyuan and Shanghai.

One of CAL’s Taoyuan-Shanghai flights, which is scheduled to leave at 7:30am on July 4, will become the first cross-strait charter flight leaving the country.

EVA Airways will have one round-trip flight between Taoyuan and Beijing, one between Taoyuan and Shanghai, and one between Taoyuan and Guangzhou.

Mandarin Airlines will have a round-trip flight between Taoyuan and Shanghai, one between Taoyuan and Guangzhou, one between Taichung and Xiamen and one between Magong and Xiamen.

Uni Air is planning for one Taoyuan-Shanghai round-trip, one Songshan-Shanghai flight and two Taichung-Xiamen flights.

TransAsia Airways will have one Songshan-Shanghai flight, one Hualien-Guangzhou flight and two Magong-Xiamen flights.

The CAA has approved Xiamen Air’s application for two round-trip flights between Xiamen and Songshan. The first flight will leave from Xiamen at 7:25am and land at Songshan at 9am.

Lin said the 18 round-trip flights departing from Taiwan have all been filled.

The council also provided ticket price information yesterday. A roundtrip ticket on the Taoyuan-Shanghai charters, for example, will cost between NT$14,175 and NT$17,629 before tax. That is slightly less than a regular flight via Hong Kong or Macau, which is usually between NT$14,429 and NT$20,000.

The Taoyuan-Beijing flights and Taoyuan-Nanjing flights will be more expensive than regular flights.

“The price of gas has risen by 20 to 30 percent as of this month,” Lin said, explaining why a shorter flight time has not translated into a cheaper ticket. “For now, there are not as many charter flights as those to Hong Kong or Macau, either.”

Lin said the council has a long-term plan to turn Songshan’s first terminal into an exclusive facility for cross-strait charters, while the second terminal would handle domestic flights.

Airlines are required to submit applications for new flight plans at least two weeks before the launch date.

This story has been viewed 197 times.
Advertising

Copyright © 1999-2008 The Taipei Times. All rights reserved.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 1:39 am

Programs: nwaworldperks gold, cathay pacific asia miles, bangkok airways
and good pricing out yesterday. from shanghai y3400 return with takes, etc. and y5400 for J.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:46 am
Suspended

HOw can you say good pricing, direct flights are half the distance but the muppets in power still insist on flying over HKG airport what a load of BXXXXXXXXXXX
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:05 pm

it is such a good news for TW business people like me that fly a lot across the strait. Save both time and money. I can get a biz class seat for economy price now.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Timing for the flights aren't too great as of now. I think I still have to go through Hong Kong unless I want to wake up 5am in the morning to catch a flight around 7 to 8am. I put my zzz time on top of ticket prices (about USD 100 difference).
Old Jun 27, 2008, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 83914673
it is such a good news for TW business people like me that fly a lot across the strait. Save both time and money. I can get a biz class seat for economy price now.

BS its same time due to having fly via HKG although not touch down,and more expensive so I guess you dont fly as often as you say, everyone is complaining about the price in Taiwan so not sure where you get your biz class seats at eco prices from.

Last edited by ionlyflyupfront; Jun 27, 2008 at 10:53 pm
Old Jul 1, 2008, 7:36 am

Programs: OW Sapphire - CX MPC Gold, *A GOLD Turkish, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, BW Diamond
Cool

but it looks like these flights won't serve much use for ppl like me who work in dongguan/shenzhen area... unless they begin flying directly to shenzhen.. what do you guys think? is guanzhou a choice at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.