Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL TPE Service suspended??

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2001, 9:36 am
Original Poster

HNL TPE Service suspended??

I cannot find any non stop flight from HNL to TPE. BR used to fly this route. What happen? Was it canceled? Since when?
Old May 17, 2001, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
At least since late last year. Some of my family were supposed to have flown it from SIN/KUL in December but got called in October 2000 or so that BR was dropping service for their early December flight.

It's a low yield route. I don't see the rationale for those arguing CX will start HKG-HNL service (see the CX forum). CI still operates the route.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I read that CI scheduled a restart to this route https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221201-ci3q23hnl, but it hasn't and has in fact removed HNL. Is it dead?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by msp3
I read that CI scheduled a restart to this route https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/221201-ci3q23hnl, but it hasn't and has in fact removed HNL. Is it dead?
There was the talk, but CI doesn't have enough long-haul planes to support that. With the planned relaunching of 5 weekly flights to Seattle from this June, I don't think CI will go back to HNL anytime soon.
msp3 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

23 year old thread come back to life. I guess is CI never returned to HNL in the intervening 23 years, it says something about how important the market is to them.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
That plane went to Prague for political reasons.

Honolulu will not return till 789 is in. Even when 789 is in it will not be on the priority list.

The plan is to up LAX, SFO and SEA to daily (LAX and SFO on the second flight). The 789s will go to Europe or Australia and then free up the 359s to North America. After these are done, maybe HNL.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
23 year old thread come back to life. I guess is CI never returned to HNL in the intervening 23 years, it says something about how important the market is to them.
FWIW, HA and CI both did the route recently in the past 10 years at a low frequency, perhaps not to great demand 😌
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
That plane went to Prague for political reasons.
I'm almost afraid to ask, what is it this time?

AFAIK, HNL is the only Chinatown in the world where the *correct* flag is put up next to that of the home country

jysim and Violin1990 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, HA and CI both did the route recently in the past 10 years at a low frequency, perhaps not to great demand 😌
I seem to recall the CI flight stopped at HND to pick up pax? I somehow don't think there's much call for RoC-HNL traffic for a n/s. Read elsewhere that Japanese tourism to Hawaii still has not recovered, at least enough for D7 to not resume service.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:12 pm

IIRC the CI direct flight was only 3 days a week, the other days of the week it would stop at NRT to fill up the plane before continuing to HNL. I would guess given the currency exchange rates recently they can't fill up the plane anymore...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA

I'm almost afraid to ask, what is it this time?
It was once TPE-HND-HNL daily >> TPE-NRT-HNL 5 weekly + TPE-HNL 2 weekly >> TPE-HNL 2 weekly. The route was paused due to COVID-19 and is the only route not yet returned on schedule for China Airlines. It was suppose to return, then...

There is a political demand to have direct flight between TPE-PRG vv and CI needs to free a plane from somewhere. Honolulu has been low yield and minimal transfer passengers to Southeast Asia and China, so... it's not a priority to return.
msp3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.