Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA-CI Business Class Comparison

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 3:18 am
Original Poster

EVA-CI Business Class Comparison

The business class comparison between these two airlines is frequently discussed here. In the past few weeks I flew CI from LAX-TPE and BR from TPE-LAX. The was no comparison in equipment. CI's business class seats are wide and comfortable and the AVOD system is outstanding. I would criticize the pitch/legroom on CI though. They seem to have added an extra row of seats to the upper deck. I'm 6'2 and I had enough legroom on CI, but barely enough. Legroom was surprisingly short considering their equipment was otherwise excellent.

BR has lots of legroom and fairly comfortable seats but the equipment was very old and the in flight entertainment system was awful. I flew BR's Premium Laurel on BKK-TPE and loved it, so their new equipment is fine. When EVA changes to newer equipment from LAX-TPE I will probably fly EVA again.

FAs, food, and service were equal. I didn't have a problem with the FAs' English speaking ability on either airline as had been reported here. Overall, I was pleased with both but CI's equipment advantage is significant at the moment.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 10:37 am

Thanks for the comparison.

About CI new J, the pitch remains at 50-52". It does not add seats in the upper deck, but also does not remove a row of seats. I guess some pax are not happy with the new seats, but since CI sells its J at a lower price, I guess there are some gives and takes. But I assume once BR utlilizes its Boeing 777-300s on the TPE-USA routes, CI will have to rennovate its J class again. I actually recommend CI's Airbus A340-300 flights between TPE and SEA/IAH because it has an improved J class (since there is no F class) -- no fancy new seats, but the pitch is increased to 60" and there is AVOD.

About BR, I love the new Premium Laurel seats too on either Airbus A330-200 or Boeing 777-300ER, but too bad those planes will be used on Europe and Australia for a while, and Boeing 77W will not be spotted in the US continent till late 2006 (YVR should be the first port). However it also means the phase out of Boeing 747-400s and First Class.

Thanks for your comparison.

Carfield
Old Sep 21, 2005, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
The CI 747 you talk about is the same one they use on the AMS TPE route. They should all be fairly new now with the oldest being 4 years old and have nice seats. I often find being downstairs is better as you have a better chance to get 2 seats to yourself.

If you go on the airbus, these are great as they have avod and lie flat seats.

Service is excellent on both planes and I think they have overtaken EVA on that front now, but compared to US or European airlines they are light years ahead.

I have flown the laurel class on EVA and it was nice, I am sure this was an airbus also.

Value for money and service CI wins at the moment for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.