Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Business Clas EVA or China Air

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Better Business Class: EVA or China Airlines?

I'm flying the LAX-TPE route at the end of August. I need to choose between EVA and their Super Business Class B747 service or China Airlines Dynasty class using a 744. I don't know if a 744 is better than a 747. Prices are similar and I'm paying for this ticket. I need lots of leg and seat room and I'm not as concerned about the food. Can anyone make a recommendation between these two? They seem to have the lowest price business seats in Asia.

For what it's worth I'm going on to BKK. Any comments on EVA's 777 vs. CI's 333 which service the BKK-TPE route. Thanks for any recommendations.

Last edited by Winner; Jul 25, 2005 at 6:06 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Winner
I'm flying the LAX-TPE route at the end of August. I need to choose between EVA and their Super Business Class B747 service or China Airlines Dynasty class using a 744. I don't know if a 744 is better than a 747. Prices are similar and I'm paying for this ticket. I need lots of leg and seat room and I'm not as concerned about the food. Can anyone make a recommendation between these two? They seem to have the lowest price business seats in Asia.

For what it's worth I'm going on to BKK. Any comments on EVA's 777 vs. CI's 333 which service the BKK-TPE route. Thanks for any recommendations.
EVA Air's only B747 are the B747-400 series.

EVA Air's legroom ranges from 44"-48", but is usually 48" on the LAX-TPE route. I think China Airlines has 50" or maybe a bit more.

China Airlines has AVOD on its new B747-400s that tend to operate the LAX-TPE route.

If you're traveling BKK-TPE in C, I'd definitely go with EVA Air's 777s. Although the aircraft is not in service yet, C class will be Premium Laurel (61" pitch) versus China Airlines' Dynasty Supreme (52" pitch).
Old Jul 25, 2005, 11:10 pm

China Airlines

I flew both airlines, but on LAX-TPE route (even continued onto BKK), I will choose CI over BR.

BTW, EVA Air only uses Boeing 747-400s, so both airlines use the same a/c type.

Well BR's J class is still sub par -- more than 50% of its fleet still has only 44" of legroom in J, and only a few 747s have the slightly improved J class seat pitch of 48". Unfortunately, there is no rennovation in plan till Boeing 777-300ERs (with a much improved Premium Laurel/Premium Business class) will be used on transpacific flights possibly after one or two years.

China Airlines' business class is generally pretty good with 50" of legroom, and LAX-TPE is featuring mostly the brand new aircraft with a new seat design and AVOD personal entertainment system. Even on Airbus A330-300 (in which I flew) had a new regional seats and a much AVOD system.

In terms of food, both airlines do a pretty good job especially compared to US airlines, and even CX in some manners. At least they plate your entrees individually in the galley... but their food is more Chinese-oriented, but you can check out their menus on their respective website.

I will choose CI over BR.

Carfield
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:04 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
CI is far superior to BR in BIz.

The plane you will fly on from LAX is almost certain to be very new 747, and row 10 will give you massive room.You can pre book this when you book your ticket. Downstairs is good also with the window seats having the storage bins as well as overhead space.

Service is good on both but again I find CI have overtaken BR ( I fly both a lot ) You can pre-order your meals on line once you have your flight reference.

The plane they have between TPE and BKK is either 747 or Airbus. The airbus has almost lie flat seats and is better than the 747.

The lounge in TPE is amongst the best in the world in T1. You can get between T1 and T2 very easy with the monorail and it takes about 2 minutes.

Biz on EVA is pretty cramped and the product is out of date. If you get the new 2 class config this is actually very good as I found out in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.