Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Sri Lanka Seat Selection for status members

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Air Sri Lanka Seat Selection for status members

Anybody know how Sri Lankan seat policy works? I bought a tickets for 4 pax, one locator. 2 pax are Emerald, 1 Saphire, 1 Ruby. If I try to select seats - it wants me to pay for 2 pax (it shows seat selection is free while selecting - but a pager later it wants to collect payment for two people - I assume the non Emerald ones). Is that how it is supposed to work?

Last edited by flying_geek; Mar 28, 2024 at 6:25 pm
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Anybody know how Sri Lankan seat policy works? I bought a tickets for 4 pax, one locator. 2 pax are Emerald, 1 Saphire, 1 Ruby. If I try to select seats - it wants me to pay for 2 pax (it shows seat selection is free while selecting - but a pager later it wants to collect payment for two people - I assume the non Emerald ones). Is that how it is supposed to work?
I can only offer you a data point, I'm BA Silver and booked a multi leg set of flights for next month with Sri Lanken and was able to my book seats including Row 1. So if they would want to charge you I would guess just for the Ruby. Hopefully more enlightend information will be forth coming.

John
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by thejohn
I can only offer you a data point, I'm BA Silver and booked a multi leg set of flights for next month with Sri Lanken and was able to my book seats including Row 1. So if they would want to charge you I would guess just for the Ruby. Hopefully more enlightend information will be forth coming.

John
It looks as though you have a business-class booking (row 1). If that is so, seat selection should carry no charge, regardless of FFP membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.