Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Xiamen Airlines - No free hotel room if starting trip in Taiwan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Gold

Most of their trips incur a forced stop over at Xiamen. I was trying to get confirmation from them that trips that start in Taiwan are not eligible for this (looking to book TPE - PNH) but all they do is ask me for my ticket number, when I will base my buying decision on their answer and haven't bought one yet.

Sigh, why are Chinese airlines so incompetent (apart from Air China)?

Does anyone know more?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Why don't you use an airline that flies during the daytime, maybe even on one of the nonstops?

Free stopover hotels aren't common in general anymore, let alone on short regional itineraries.

​​​​​​
m.y and mlin32 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:34 am

Programs: FB Gold
As moondog mentioned, pick an itinerary that doesn't involve an overnight stay. If MF doesn't offer one, there are tons of other airlines in Asia that probably do.

There are very few airlines in the world that offer free overnight hôtels anymore.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:18 am

I just tried booking TSA-BKK one-way with an overnight transit and their website clearly shows that transit accomodation is included, and a link to https://www.xiamenair.cn/en-ca/artic...s%2F11755.json
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:38 am

Anyone who takes this just to be able to stay in a crappy hotel for free needs to have their head examined:
​​​​​​

​​​​​​Especially when this is on offer:

m.y likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by moondog
Anyone who takes this just to be able to stay in a crappy hotel for free needs to have their head examined.
And I suggest they bring extra toilet tissue. The last hotel CA gave me when they canceled my onward domestic connection counted out 8 squares at check in. None in the room. But at least I got to know someone very nice when they later started doubling up guests in the room. (Not a joke.)

And in entirely different news, moondog I sent you a PM on wechat, it was me and not spam....
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by uanj
And in entirely different news, moondog I sent you a PM on wechat, it was me and not spam....
I have terrible luck with PMs (and see nothing recent when I look at the inbox...might be doing it wrong), though I do recall exchanging a few messages with you last year. If you try again, I'll be on the lookout. Alternatively, if you don't already have my wechat, my ID is the same as here with a sh on the end (no spaces).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:43 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Odd, last time I took Xiamen was pre covid, but do recall getting a hotel both directions TPE-XMN-LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.