Wiki Posts
Search

Phillipine Airlines Transit to Australia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum
Phillipine Airlines Transit to Australia

I will have my first PR flights KUL-MNL-SYD in a few days. I have 2 questions wrt to the transit in Manila:

1. Do I need to register with eTravel?
2. Is checked-in luggage (at KUL) still collected and screened again in a special transit room in MNL where people have to identify theit suitcases?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by toz100
I will have my first PR flights KUL-MNL-SYD in a few days. I have 2 questions wrt to the transit in Manila:

2. Is checked-in luggage (at KUL) still collected and screened again in a special transit room in MNL where people have to identify theit suitcases?
1. it is wise to file the eTravel online. See the main PAL thread re our recent experiences
2. Don’t know but would expect so. We had a10 hour gap between flights. We were short checking some baggage to Manila so can’t offer advice. But no option to short check just some of the bags. All or none! When we re checked in they opened all check in bags and hand checked before putting on the belt

If you have lounge access the very new Mabuhay lounge at T1 will be pleasant for the 4 hour wait on most days on your routing.
toz100 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Modo
1. it is wise to file the eTravel online. See the main PAL thread re our recent experiences
2. Don’t know but would expect so. We had a10 hour gap between flights. We were short checking some baggage to Manila so can’t offer advice. But no option to short check just some of the bags. All or none! When we re checked in they opened all check in bags and hand checked before putting on the belt

If you have lounge access the very new Mabuhay lounge at T1 will be pleasant for the 4 hour wait on most days on your routing.
I have been told in a whatsapp chat with PAL that I don't have to file a eTravel registration if I stay in transit. Maybe I just should file it anyway to prevent any surprise?

I have been also told that I can check through my luggage im KUL. I just have 'to ask for it' which sounds somewhat strange for me. I do not intend to check some luggage short.

Great to know that they have a brand new lounge!
Old Dec 17, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles

1. If you plan to cross immigration I would register. I would have thought it would be better to have the registration than not just in case (it's of no consequence if you don't use it, AFAIK and experience). Have you checked the terminals you arrive/depart? PAL now seems to operate from T1 and T2....

2. I have not done int'l transit in MNL so cannot comment. Sorry.
toz100 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahopkins767
1. If you plan to cross immigration I would register. I would have thought it would be better to have the registration than not just in case (it's of no consequence if you don't use it, AFAIK and experience). Have you checked the terminals you arrive/depart? PAL now seems to operate from T1 and T2....

2. I have not done int'l transit in MNL so cannot comment. Sorry.
1. Yes, arrival and departure in T1. And true registering cannot hurt

2. I will report back on this, thank you
ahopkins767 likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
I have been told in a whatsapp chat with PAL that I don't have to file a eTravel registration if I stay in transit. Maybe I just should file it anyway to prevent any surprise?
Transit from my observation seems to mean staying airside at T1 so logically baggage will check through and no need for eHealth. But just file as you say. As in the main thread my partner was asked for a separate eTravel for departure transiting the same day.

T2 transit when last used involved going land side identifying your bags to an agent who would then send them back airside!

But I have only observed the system of transit at T1. Our flight got rescheduled to a 10+ hour transit one week out so decided to leave most of our baggage with family in Manila.

I wouldn’t believe anything that PR social media tells you. I’m still ten’s of thousands of miles missing despite promise they would sort it. Likewise T1 property irregularity office. I got so irritated with them I blocked them on Messenger and insisted they contact me via email

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.