Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Lounge - Fiji Airways Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

SFO Lounge - Fiji Airways Business Class?

Fiji Airways website indicates that business class passengers have access to the Air France lounge at SFO.

Does anyone know if this means the new AF lounge or the Golden Gate lounge?
Old Sep 13, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
That's a good question. Just ask as you're checking in bags. As FJ is a Oneworld partner carrier, surprised that you're not sent to either of the BA, CX or JL lounges.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

I think the issue is that the lounges at SFO all have very limited hours, as each carrier only has one or at most two daily departures. Also, as a OW Connect member, FJ doesn't enjoy full benefits. Normally, I'd just use the Admirals Club, but lounge access isn't part of their agreement. At any rate, I'll know tomorrow night and will provide an update!
Old Sep 14, 2023, 3:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by gophish11
I think the issue is that the lounges at SFO all have very limited hours, as each carrier only has one or at most two daily departures. Also, as a OW Connect member, FJ doesn't enjoy full benefits. Normally, I'd just use the Admirals Club, but lounge access isn't part of their agreement. At any rate, I'll know tomorrow night and will provide an update!
That is indeed a limiting factor for all of the foreign carriers’ lounges at SFO. Alliance reciprocity rules don’t do you any good at times when the lounge is closed, which is a lot of the time.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:21 am

Any update? We’ll be arriving on an FJ business flight connecting to AS first.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:26 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
I saw on their website that they now say Virgin, I have the same issue as lovefly88. Worst case I can go to the AS lounge but feels like something non-domestic would be better,
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
If you're connecting onto AS, it's better to stick with AS lounge as T2 isn't connected airside to IT-A and T1 until later this year. You will need to clear TSA twice if you want to use lounges in IT-A.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Omnivore
I saw on their website that they now say Virgin, I have the same issue as lovefly88. Worst case I can go to the AS lounge but feels like something non-domestic would be better,
so Virgin Atlantic lounge for Fiji biz pax out of sfo?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by sfosuw
If you're connecting onto AS, it's better to stick with AS lounge as T2 isn't connected airside to IT-A and T1 until later this year. You will need to clear TSA twice if you want to use lounges in IT-A.
Our flights are Feb 2025. Hiccup though below.

My ticket: NAN-SFO-JFK in Business on FJ/AS
wife ticket: NAN-SFO in J on FJ. Had to book separate mileage ticket in coach from SFO-JFK. Same flights as me but that was only way we could get award tickets. Would us both be able to access lounges due to our arrival?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by lovefly88
Our flights are Feb 2025. Hiccup though below.

My ticket: NAN-SFO-JFK in Business on FJ/AS
wife ticket: NAN-SFO in J on FJ. Had to book separate mileage ticket in coach from SFO-JFK. Same flights as me but that was only way we could get award tickets. Would us both be able to access lounges due to our arrival?
No, unless at least one of you has OW Emerald or Sapphire status (from a non-US airline).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
so Virgin Atlantic lounge for Fiji biz pax out of sfo?
that’s what their website suggests
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by sfosuw
We’ll I just booked the award flight for January
hnewman likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Per flysfo.com website, the T1 would be fully opened in June 2024. AS should be moving to T1 and opening its new lounge later this year. You would have a choice of AS, AA (T1) and CX, BA (IT-A) by the time you fly in January.

In terms of age of the lounge, AS >AA> CX >BA.
In terms of food offering, CX>BA>AS/AA (we don't know what AS would offer yet, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything extravagant since it's a domestic lounge).
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Virgin Atlantic Lounge

Confirmed that Fiji Airways uses the Virgin Atlantic lounge. If you arrive before 9:30pm you get to order off the more substantial Virgin Atlantic menu they use for their own flights. The kitchen closes at 9:30pm and then reopens at 10:01pm. The lounge opens to priority pass members at 10:00pm with a reduced menu and fills up quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.