Wiki Posts
Search

How to receive OTP for AirAsia?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2023, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
How to receive OTP for AirAsia?

I'm trying to log in to Air Asia website so I can buy my airline tickets. After I enter my password, the site asks for a One Time Password (OTP) sent to my phone, which I never received after several hours of waiting. My friend using a different phone and carrier also did not receive her OTP. And now it says I will have to wait until tomorrow before asking to generate another OTP again due to too many attempts.

Doing some Googling, I see this is a common problem with AirAsia. How do people resolve this? I have a U.S. number.

Thank you.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 8:58 am

Exact same issue here

I can’t get into my airasia account with which I already booked 2 flights on computer browser. Verification requires OTP. I do not get any OTP. USA number.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Annoying! Possibly a problem with US numbers, but could also be a coincidental range of other issues.
Is there an option for OTP via email? Or other means? Tried chat with Air Asia to resolve?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 6:04 pm

Experiencing same issue as well!
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:42 am

Having the same issue as well. Can't verify my account and so can't book a ticket. Hope this gets resolved soon!
Old Jul 16, 2023, 4:22 pm

Exact same issue here
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:54 am

Finally someone with the same issue! I have been having this issue since early last week (US number as well). I'm unable to log in using the app due to the OTP issue, but it will let me log in using a web browser. I opened a ticket with AirAsia, and they closed it saying they "acknowledge my concern." I even chatted with AT&T, and no issues on their end. Hopefully AirAsia is able to resolve this OTP issue soon. Luckily my flights aren't until October.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Wow - 3 ‘first posts’ to Flyertalk in a row! Warm welcome jonch , guggir and dawgs916
ryandelmundo, happychic and plunet like this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:06 pm

Same here. And it's impossible to contact anyone at AirAsia. And chatting with Bo is just painful.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 2:50 am

You can use this service receivesms.co/receive-sms-from-airasia/
I also did not receive the OTP, I am from Slovakia. I tried this site, I entered a phone number from the UK and there the OTP came to the site and my account is verified.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by dawgs916
Finally someone with the same issue! I have been having this issue since early last week (US number as well). I'm unable to log in using the app due to the OTP issue, but it will let me log in using a web browser. I opened a ticket with AirAsia, and they closed it saying they "acknowledge my concern." I even chatted with AT&T, and no issues on their end. Hopefully AirAsia is able to resolve this OTP issue soon. Luckily my flights aren't until October.
Same here, does not work with european numbers as well. Started to ask OTP last week, first time in years. It did work awhile with browser last week but not anymore.
How did you manage to do ticket to Airasia? Options to contact seems to be non-existent. I have flight next week and seems that not using mobile boarding pass then.

Last edited by HiJuha; Jul 18, 2023 at 8:50 am
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by HiJuha
Same here, does work with european numbers as well. Started to ask OTP last week, first time in years. It did work awhile with browser last week but not anymore.
How did you manage to do ticket to Airasia? Options to contact seems to be non-existent. I have flight next week and seems that not using mobile boarding pass then.
If you talk to Bo, the AI customer service, for long enough they will open a ticket for you.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 10:47 pm

receivesms.co/receive-sms-from-airasia/
Old Jul 18, 2023, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Got any friends in Indonesia? Try their phone number.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines
Is the website work? I couldn't find the SMS sent to the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.