Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40 min transfer in MNL (flight time change by PAL)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
40 min transfer in MNL (flight time change by PAL)

Hello,

Soon I will be flying with PAL from KUL to SYD via MNL. Original I had about 2 hours layover in MNL but recently they have changed my flight from KUL so I am left with just 40 minutes transfer time in Manila. I will be arriving and departing from the same terminal, is there any chance that I will made that flight?

Regards
DC10
Old May 29, 2023, 6:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DC10
Hello,

Soon I will be flying with PAL from KUL to SYD via MNL. Original I had about 2 hours layover in MNL but recently they have changed my flight from KUL so I am left with just 40 minutes transfer time in Manila. I will be arriving and departing from the same terminal, is there any chance that I will made that flight?

Regards
DC10
Only if the pilot to SYD wait for you.
Old May 29, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DC10
Hello,

Regards
DC10
From what I can see at MNL T1 the PR PR min connection time is 1 hour. If it does breach MCT then a scheduled process in PRs systems should identify the invalid ticket within a few days of the schedule change being made. If it's more than a few days then it's probably time to reach out to PR and check with them.

In the mess that is MNL airport especially with them playing musical terminals at the moment I doubt 40mins is a viable connection time.

Edit to add: remember you have one shot at fixing up and making changes to a ticket once there has been an involuntary change, so make sure you have reviewed all your options before asking for what you want.
Davvidd and SPN Lifer like this.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Surprised that it accepted a 40 min connection. It is almost impossible to do it for one reason there are invariably delays at the gate in MNL simply because they do not have all the gates operational.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:05 am

i had a flight change as well that resulted in a 40 minute connection at T1 (original connection was T2)

Received nothing from PAL to make a change

Ended up rebooking the flight using their Live Chat on Facebook messenger.

FYI - from my prelim investigations - no J lounge in T1 either for PAL
Old May 31, 2023, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by baggyred
i had a flight change as well that resulted in a 40 minute connection at T1 (original connection was T2)

Received nothing from PAL to make a change

Ended up rebooking the flight using their Live Chat on Facebook messenger.

FYI - from my prelim investigations - no J lounge in T1 either for PAL
Same I have received no email from Philippines Airlines regarding the change. I have messaged them via Facebook and they have re-booked me on the earlier flight which is operated by Malaysian Airlines.

DC10
plunet and baggyred like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.