Wiki Posts
Search

Hong Kong airlines update

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Hong Kong airlines update

Hi all,
On Hong Kong airlines does anyone know when their lounges would reopen? Pre-covid they had 2 of them at HKIA

Also how strict are they on their carry on? The website specifies 7kg for carry on but do they actually check this? Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2023, 10:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
The one at Gate 23 should be permanently closed. The other one which is its flagship one is subject to the re-opening of the Mid Field terminal.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:24 am
Original Poster

I called up CS they said the lounge was open at gate 23 but when I got to the airport they said it was closed with no news of reopening

Also for those who wanna checkin online, you have to pay for the seat, there's no random assignment. So you'd need to go the checkin counter for physically checking in (subject to FWC status obviously)
Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:12 am

I just flew out of HKG on Hong Kong airlines yesterday. They now use the Premium Plaza Business Lounge by Gate 1.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Chatter
The one at Gate 23 should be permanently closed. The other one which is its flagship one is subject to the re-opening of the Mid Field terminal.
The Gate 23 one has been replaced with a Mcdonald now.
Old May 3, 2023, 7:33 am
formerly rt23456p

With the reshuffle of HNA, the future of HKA remains quite uncertain.
Old May 4, 2023, 8:34 am

Apparently they've got new investors but scant details on who they are, whether they're "friends and family", and how much was given.

https://www.hongkongairlines.com/ta/...ress%20Release
Old May 4, 2023, 7:44 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by hkskyline
Apparently they've got new investors but scant details on who they are, whether they're "friends and family", and how much was given.

https://www.hongkongairlines.com/ta/...ress%20Release
HNA Holdings was sold off for 41B CNY to China Fangda Group after a close race between them, Fosun Group and Juneyao Group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.