Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines Mask Enforcement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines Mask Enforcement

I am travelling from Vancouver to Manila this week on PAL. What is the current status of mask enforcement? I am looking for an actual recent experience. Please don't refer me to the website I have read many times.

First hand experience is appreciated.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by profguy
I am travelling from Vancouver to Manila this week on PAL. What is the current status of mask enforcement? I am looking for an actual recent experience. Please don't refer me to the website I have read many times.

First hand experience is appreciated.
The Philippines is still mandating masks on all flights to/from/within the country. I flew SQ and we were not allowed to board in SIN unless masked. PR were likewise enforcing masks on boarding for all domestic flights. Once on board with a drink, no further enforcement.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
It boggles the mind. But yes, they're still doing the mask thing on the airlines here. Even their mask crazy Asian neighbors have eased up. CX and JL no longer require masks. My CX flight from HKG to MNL didn't mention anything about masks even though I guess they were supposed to according the Philippines control freaks, err, authorities. But for all domestic flights here you'll be stopped at the gate if you don't have a mask. And the boarding gate screen sternly reminds, 'No mask, no boarding.' Once on board, of course you can mitigate the nonsense by having a drink or some snack. Cebu Pacific flights I've been on have been pretty serious about enforcement. On a PAL flight yesterday, half the plane had their masks down during the flight, many without a drink or anything.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by arabiamark
It boggles the mind. But yes, they're still doing the mask thing on the airlines here. Even their mask crazy Asian neighbors have eased up. CX and JL no longer require masks. My CX flight from HKG to MNL didn't mention anything about masks even though I guess they were supposed to according the Philippines control freaks, err, authorities. But for all domestic flights here you'll be stopped at the gate if you don't have a mask. And the boarding gate screen sternly reminds, 'No mask, no boarding.' Once on board, of course you can mitigate the nonsense by having a drink or some snack. Cebu Pacific flights I've been on have been pretty serious about enforcement. On a PAL flight yesterday, half the plane had their masks down during the flight, many without a drink or anything.
Thank you for the report. I will make sure not book any flights on Cebu Pacific for the time being.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
And just to update, I finally had an AirAsia flight. It was similar to the PAL situation. Told about having to wear a mask at the gate. Once on the plane, I could see multiple people never bothered with masks and the cabin crew didn't say anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.