Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airline Biz Class Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Philippine Airline Biz Class Questions

So I'm travelling to Singapore later this year. The best fare and routing looks like it's Philippine Airlines from r/t JFK-MNL-SIN all in biz. I've seen YouTube video's and read reviews and all seems fine except I'm worried about the temp onboard b/c the A350's don't seem to have overhead air vents. Anyone have any personal experience with the product and able to tell me about cabin temp?? Also, the food doesn't look GREAT but looks like it's a varied enough menu that I should be able to find something to eat. Thanks for any insight from personal experience. Be well and travel safely.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
I did LHR - MNL - HKG return with PAL in 2019, the long haul was on the A350.

Absolutely no issues for me with onboard temperature, I was sitting in one of the middle pair of seats. Service was perfectly fine. Sure it's not up there with the likes of Qatar but perfectly acceptable and good service. The only thing I do recall was that the seat had some option to inflate air cushions in it that I personally hadn't experienced before, and the seatbelt had an across the shoulder strap as well which you had to wear for take off an landing bit I don't remember it being encouraged beyond that.

I would happily fly with PAL again. I just wish someone could do something about their hub airport.....
Modo likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
good review of PAL business here:

In relation to Economy (where I fly), I highly rate them
Old Jan 10, 2023, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thank you each for taking the time to reply! Appreciate it very much// I'd actually seen the review but nice to know it's accurate so I'll def watch it again with that eye in mind. Thanks again and I welcome others' thought(s) as well. Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
If I have a choice I would fly Eva and I have flown both a lot too. Nothing wrong with PAL but that messy airport in MNL is something I want to avoid if I can. Plus the service is nothing compared to EVA.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:53 pm

Thought i'd reply here rather than start another thread - with PAL moving international operations to T1 - they do not have a lounge option available to Business Class passengers, other than leaving the airport and heading to Terminal 2 - which is ridiculous.

Hopefully they come to agreement with an existing contract provider
Old May 27, 2023, 2:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
I flew J recently to Doha. No IFE in their seat. That was an a330 (high density version). Check the equipment.

lounge at MNL T1 is the PEAGSS lounge - you can pay 1500php/25usd to get in, which is less than you would pay Priority Pass for the same(32usd) Service commensurate with that.
Old May 27, 2023, 8:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Davvidd
If I have a choice I would fly Eva and I have flown both a lot too. Nothing wrong with PAL but that messy airport in MNL is something I want to avoid if I can. Plus the service is nothing compared to EVA.
Exactly, the worst airport I have seen.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:39 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
I flew J recently to Doha. No IFE in their seat. That was an a330 (high density version). Check the equipment.

lounge at MNL T1 is the PEAGSS lounge - you can pay 1500php/25usd to get in, which is less than you would pay Priority Pass for the same(32usd) Service commensurate with that.
Did they give you an iPad or equivalent? How’s the seat? I know they fly these high density A330 to Middle East which primarily serves as worker buses, but really want to know is the J class still good value for money.

Regarding the lounge in T1, does PR give you access voucher or you have to pay? Are you on revenue ticket?
Old May 28, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I have flown four times round trip in last year from North America to MNL, Never a temp problem. If I recall some time cooler and I needed a blank. I think I did have two flights out of eight that my video entertainment screen did not work. Once I was move to a empty seat and on another one there were no empty seats. They did give me extra WIFI allotment but that was all they could do. I was a slept on most of flight. I would say a solid product but not the best. The Fight attendant were always nice which goes along ways in my book.
Old May 29, 2023, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Chatter
Did they give you an iPad or equivalent? How’s the seat? I know they fly these high density A330 to Middle East which primarily serves as worker buses, but really want to know is the J class still good value for money.

Regarding the lounge in T1, does PR give you access voucher or you have to pay? Are you on revenue ticket?
I will be on a revenue ticket - so will update in a month

However - present operations run out of T2 - where they do have a lounge. HOwever in a few weeks that is being converted to domestic only. Operations moving to T1 means there is no lounge unless you want to leave the terminal - which by the sounds of it - isn't an ideal scenario.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Chatter

Sorry for the late reply.

Revenue ticket. No ipad offered - other biz passengers used their phones. Seat was comfortable enough, fully reclining with a nice footwell, but none of the bells and whistles.

T1 lounge access was a voucher, although same as Priority pass at 32usd and 1500php/25usd if cash. No special lounge service for biz class (so you get the 25usd service basically).

I valued the price difference (about 25k php) as to the value of sleeping thru the journey (so the IFE was not needed) as I had onward connection to London and needed to be relatively alert on arrival. It was worth it in that sense, but the food/lounge was worthless in my mind.

Also, I paid as an upgrade on checkin which was slightly lower than the lowest bid for upgrade.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by baggyred
I will be on a revenue ticket - so will update in a month

However - present operations run out of T2 - where they do have a lounge. HOwever in a few weeks that is being converted to domestic only. Operations moving to T1 means there is no lounge unless you want to leave the terminal - which by the sounds of it - isn't an ideal scenario.
Not possible to change terminals as you would not be allowed to pass security in the “wrong” terminal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 9:28 pm

Had a second schedule change from PAL - ended up with the 2nd leg of my outbound leaving before my 1st leg even takes off.

Trying to deal with them is a nightmare - "nothing" is possible apparently.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by baggyred
Had a second schedule change from PAL - ended up with the 2nd leg of my outbound leaving before my 1st leg even takes off.

Trying to deal with them is a nightmare - "nothing" is possible apparently.
Then that will be an easy chargeback to win - and PAL will pay the bank to process that chargeback.

Tell PAL your willing to chargeback and their attitude will change.

Also telling them you will take this to the CAB and email [email protected] with an overview of the complaint will have it escalated up the PAL chain.
SPN Lifer and Dean1953 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.