Wiki Posts
Search

Vietnam Airlines with separate JL connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Vietnam Airlines with separate JL connection

DH and I have a Vietnam Airlines paid business class booking, DAD-SGN, with a six-hour layover before our JL SGN-HND flight in mid-March 2023. Is this considered a safe cushion? Should we fly to SGN a day ahead? (We’ll already have visited SGN on this trip and I’d prefer not to have an overnight in HCMC.)
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:26 am

Being seperate tickets it's obviously never 100% safe, but even with a delay there shouldn't be too much of an issue.
We are flying Nha Trang to Melbourne next year on VN and took a 5 hour transit over 2 hours on same tickets.
2 hours there if there's a delay can be dicey, 6 hours shouldn't be a problem.

I suggest keeping an eye on flightradar or something similar to check the on time performance of your domestic flight.
If it's consistently very late then I would book an alternative.
sambagrrl07 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Being seperate tickets it's obviously never 100% safe, but even with a delay there shouldn't be too much of an issue.
We are flying Nha Trang to Melbourne next year on VN and took a 5 hour transit over 2 hours on same tickets.
2 hours there if there's a delay can be dicey, 6 hours shouldn't be a problem.

I suggest keeping an eye on flightradar or something similar to check the on time performance of your domestic flight.
If it's consistently very late then I would book an alternative.
Thank you [MENTION=456324]Firemansam[/MENTION]; much appreciated!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Keep in mind the potential Vietnam visa requirement, depending on your citizenship. For VN, you just go to Vietnam and you don't connect if separate tickets, so all Vietnam entry requirements will apply. If you need a visa for Vietnam and don't have it, VN can deny boarding.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Keep in mind the potential Vietnam visa requirement, depending on your citizenship. For VN, you just go to Vietnam and you don't connect if separate tickets, so all Vietnam entry requirements will apply. If you need a visa for Vietnam and don't have it, VN can deny boarding.
Thank you—yes, we will already be in Vietnam since we’re starting at DAD. (And we’ll have visas before entry.)
Old Dec 22, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sambagrrl07
Thank you—yes, we will already be in Vietnam since we’re starting at DAD. (And we’ll have visas before entry.)
oh yes, my mistake ! sorry about that !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.