Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xiamen Air (MF) interline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:45 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Xiamen Air (MF) interline

[Searched and didn’t see a recent thread about Xiamen Air (MF) interline arrangement, so I am starting a new thread]

I am flying SZX to FOC (domestic flight) on Xiamen Air (MF) metal, wanting to interline my luggage to CX (international flight) FOC-HKG segment. The flights are on separate tickets.

Expertflyer says MF has E-Ticket, paper ticket and baggage interline agreements with CX.

The SZX-FOC flight is CZ codeshare and actually operated by MF. I have no status with CZ nor MF.

Question is: Will MF interline my luggage to CX?

(I fly SZX-FOC-HKG to retain my CX Gold tier...if you must ask.)
Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
You're willing to put up with a 7-day quarantine to return to Shenzhen from HKG, just to maintain CX status? If so, wow, that's dedication. You should get some sort of FlyerTalk prize.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:44 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
My family members are actually in Hong Kong...so it's just going back home the long way.

Plot twist: now Hong Kong has (almost) opened up, I would do a status point run to SIN from HKG. I would just drop the SZX-FOC-HKG plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.