Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandelmundo
AirAisa Unlimited Pass 2020
499RM. Purchase by Mar 7 2020. Must be in Malaysia (or use VPN) to purchase.

Update: AirAsia Unlimited Thai Domestic pass 2020. Purchase by 04JULY2020. 2999B. Fly until 17Dec2020
https://www.airasia.com/deals/en/gb/...ons/airasia-fd

Asian: Fly unlimited trips to China, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, and Hawaii from KL and BKK.
Thai: Unlimited domestic Thai lights on AirAsia-FD

Restrictions:
Can only miss 3 legs. Missing a 4th they "may" cancel your pass.
Subject to availability with holiday blackouts
14-day advance for Asian Airpass
21-day advance purchase for Thai Airpass

Asia AirPass Destinations:
From Kuala Lumpur (return):Melbourne, Gold Coast, Perth, Sydney, Changsha, Chongqing, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Xi’an, Amritsar, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Sapporo (Chin Chitose), Osaka, Fukuoka, Tokyo (Haneda), Tokyo (Narita), Jeju, Seoul, Busan, Taipei

From Bangkok (return):
Brisbane, Shanghai, Sapporo (Chin Chitose), Osaka, Tokyo (Narita), Nogoya, Fukuoka, Seoul

Others (return):
Taipei – Osaka, Taipei – Okinawa, Osaka – Honolulu
T&C
https://www.airasia.com/deals/terms-and-conditions

FAQ from Air Asia:
Asian: https://www.airasia.com/deals/faq
Thai: https://www.airasia.com/deals/en/gb/faq/airasia-fd
How to Book:
https://newsroom.airasia.com/stories/2020/3/4/how-to-plan-your-travel-with-the-airasia-unlimited-pass
List of Taxes for all ex-KL destinations (BKK not included)
https://newsroom.airasia.com/stories/2020/3/4/how-to-plan-your-travel-with-the-airasia-unlimited-pass

Print Wikipost

AirAsia Unlimited Pass 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
AirAsia Unlimited Pass 2020

Just bought the AirAsia pass. Or so I hope, it looks like its in my account but won't load anything yet. "Wait a few hours" I saw in the FAQ.

As for purchasing, I had to go through some hoops.

Just got it! Had to use a VPN, and luckily Cyberghost has a 24-hr free trial so I used that and booked it. Had to turn the VPN to Malaysia on to get the promo (as it won't show outside of Malaysia) and then turn off at booking as the VPN triggered a "3D" verification itssue with my credit card.
Hopefully going forward I can use the app and not have to worry about VPN. Any other folks getting the pass, drop me a line, we might as well have a meetup somewhere!

Good link from AirAsia on how to use it and the taxes. I can't believe they're making it this easy to get info. Their previous pass was very opaque in how to use and the taxes involved.

https://newsroom.airasia.com/stories...unlimited-pass

Will post again with experiences once my pass is up and running (hopefully) or my further attempts to purchase.

Last edited by ryandelmundo; Mar 6, 2020 at 2:17 am
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Can you please elaborate on how you made the credit card payment after switching off the VPN? Or can you still use the credit card while using the VPN?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav662
Can you please elaborate on how you made the credit card payment after switching off the VPN? Or can you still use the credit card while using the VPN?
Once i had the AirPass promo screen and clicked the "BUY" I then turned off the VPN. Basically, trying to pay with the credit card with the VPN on didn't work, presumably it knew I was using a VPN and sometimes considers that to be somewhat fraudulent and won't process.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Can confirm the pass works, it took 4 hours to process.

Extra bonus: Looks like you can buy one-way tickets and tickets do not need to originate in KL as some blogs I read had implied. It's even better than expected, so far....
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:26 am

Unable to do so using express VPN.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Dav, were you able to see the deals page? I booked twice, both times with VPN on until the page requiring my credit card info finished loading. I typed in my CC info, then turned off VPN, and the purchase went through. Good luck!
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:53 am

No I can't even get to it. Once I start using the VPN as soon as I get to search the flights it stops working. The moment I switch it off it works. Maybe Express VPN is the problem or they got wise to it.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
I had to buy it with a VPN as well. However, it seems good for BKK flights to north asia but going to KL is not included in this promo. So you'd have to pay full price to go to KL and then go to somewhere else from there.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:18 pm

Just an update - every date I'm searching with the pass now has no availability. I think maybe they showed a lot during the sale, and after the sale altered the availability. Not a single date or route is available right now using the promo.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: Enrich
Are you searching before June/July period? Because up until May, there are many public holidays, so I doubt that you can find any promo price easily. The other hard to find period will be between August to Mid of September, where a series of National Day in both Malaysia and Singapore...
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sohan
Just an update - every date I'm searching with the pass now has no availability. I think maybe they showed a lot during the sale, and after the sale altered the availability. Not a single date or route is available right now using the promo.
Lots of the flights from KL to Amritsar show the fare at $17. You might not be searching correctly, you have to use the promo code from the AirPass. See the wiki for links to how to use. Use the KL-ATQ route to test.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Lots of the flights from KL to Amritsar show the fare at $17. You might not be searching correctly, you have to use the promo code from the AirPass. See the wiki for links to how to use. Use the KL-ATQ route to test.
I'm searching the Bangkok routes to Japan/Korea and none of the dates show the discount fares anymore.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:39 am
Original Poster

I'm searching the Bangkok routes to Japan/Korea and none of the dates show the discount fares anymore.
Yeah i had to look so far ahead for a BKK/Japan route. From KL things are a lot more open. I'm guess Thai Airasia X doesn't open as many seats at the Malaysia one. You could check with the Twitter team for support, I remember they opened up more seats during the last promo when people complained.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
pretty much every route from bangkok is like this... feels a bit scammy.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:38 am

Has someone fly by unlimited pass already ?
Some Japanese said need to malayssian VISA or ID

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.