Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security staff on Air China

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Security staff on Air China

On recent LHR to PEK and return flights there has been a separate announcement after the safety briefing from the head of security on the aeroplane. It refers to him and his team being there to ensure everything is fine.

On the outbound there there was a man not dressed in any sort of uniform hanging around the forward galley who seemed to be known to the cabin crew as he was moving things and opening cupboards without them saying anything. Coming back there was someone, again not in a uniform, in the forward galley, just lurking. On both flights they disappeared at some point.

Are they the Chinese equivalent of the USA sky marshals? Are they armed? Is there a team or just the single person I saw?
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Yes they are the equivalent of the air marshals. I believe they are armed, although I can't confirm this. There are usually two of em on a flight with one being in each cabin class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.